Thread: Revit Piping and Phases

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Revit Piping and Phases

We have a job that is being done with phasing. There is Existing Demo and New. There has been piping placed on the Existing phase and in the New Construction View you can see New + Previous. It shows all existing piping on the correct line weight but it does not follow the rules set where it breaks the lines when they cross the other pipes. If you change the New+Previous Existing to By Category you see everythihg correctly except the lineweights of course match the New. Is there something missing or is this a flaw with Revit MEP where it will not show rules when using phasing unless you are in that phase view? I hope this isnt too confusing....

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Piping and Phases

I think I have an idea, but I do not have revit in front of me right now. Under \settings\phases Look at "new construction" filter is existing set to "override"? that could be your problem. From my understanding element that have been "overriden" do not cut properly with other objects. I would try to keep "by category" whenever possible.

I believe a possible workaround might be a filter on the view. Set the phase filter "by category" and go to the view and create some sort of filter (maybe a different pipe type for existing pipe) and put your desired appearance on that. I believe filters do not classify as an override thus the pipe overlapping should appear correct. I could be completely wrong since I'm not trying it, but just an idea.