Thread: Interior Elevation Tag Issues...

Login to Give a bone

Default Interior Elevation Tag Issues...

Can anyone tell me how to change out or fix the system families for the interior elevation tags? I know that "the only way to change the properties" for the elevation tags is to go under settings, view tags and then to the elevation tags. The issue that I am having is that the check boxs for showing the view name and filled are not check but yet I am still seeing the view name and the tags are not filled. Also I would like to know how to set up the elevation tags to show the sheet reference only and not reference the sheet broswer name at all. I have an interior elevation tag family that works the way I want it too but can't replace the system family that Revit uses out of the box because I can't find it. The interior elevation family that I have is in another project file from another office but since I can't find the system family for Revit out of the box I also can't find the interior elevation family I need out of my project because you can't load into project or open it for editing. I have tried to import project standards but it still doesn't work. Also the elevation tag families are not listed in Families folder of the browser so I can't find it that way either. Please help if you can.....

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Interior Elevation Tag Issues...

Quote Originally Posted by chris.martin View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to change out or fix the system families for the interior elevation tags? I know that "the only way to change the properties" for the elevation tags is to go under settings, view tags and then to the elevation tags. The issue that I am having is that the check boxs for showing the view name and filled are not check but yet I am still seeing the view name and the tags are not filled.
    Did you look under the Elevation type properties if you are using the right type?

Also I would like to know how to set up the elevation tags to show the sheet reference only and not reference the sheet broswer name at all.
    the elevation tag is using the View Name and note the Name on Sheet parameter

I have an interior elevation tag family that works the way I want it too but can't replace the system family that Revit uses out of the box because I can't find it. The interior elevation family that I have is in another project file from another office but since I can't find the system family for Revit out of the box I also can't find the interior elevation family I need out of my project because you can't load into project or open it for editing. I have tried to import project standards but it still doesn't work. Also the elevation tag families are not listed in Families folder of the browser so I can't find it that way either. Please help if you can.....
    Transfer Project Standard will transfer Elevation Type.

Login to Give a bone

We are starting off using Revit out of the box so there are only two choices when selecting the elevation tag. You get either the Building elevation or the interior elevation option. It is almost like there is something wrong with the default elevation tag since it is not responding to the check boxes for the fill / show view name options. Do you know where to find the system family to edit it or replace it?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

When you go to Settings>View tags?Elevation tags. The dialog pops up and you have the check box for filled and View Name. Did you make sure you went to the pull down and switched the type to 1/2" Circle before making the change? It should work with the out of the box tags to change these settings.