Thread: CAD Standards Batch Fix

Login to Give a bone

Default CAD Standards Batch Fix

I'm looking for the ability to batch check and fix a series of drawings based on the .dws file I have set up. I know I can batch check, but to fix the issues I have to open each file individually and hit the "fix" button. One caveat to doing this is that each drawing has the same Dimension Style but the only variable would be the dim scale for that particular drawing to scale the dims in the layout tab correctly. I can manually adjust this as needed, but with the amount of drawings I have to do, it will be very time consuming. Is there a way to batch check and fix and keep dim scale as a variable with what is in the existing drawing?

Is there a LISP routine out there that could do this? If so this LISP newbie could use a bit of help in the proper script language.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running AutoCAD 2004.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD Standards Batch Fix

Short of just using the Standards Checker that is in AutoCAD I'm not aware of any other method. While time consuming for large amounts of files, it works well.

Login to Give a bone

Would normally say a good old fashioned script file (SCR), but don't think this will work as the standards checker can not be run purely from the command line from what I can see.

Would not using the Batch Standards Checker solve the problem bar the dim scale question? The Batch tool can be found in the Start Menu - All Programs - Autodesk - AutoCAD 2009 (or what ever version you run).

Sorry just notice you say you are using AutoCAD 2004. I can not remember if the batch tool is included.
    Last edited by Lunkwill; 2009-01-26 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Silly mistake

Login to Give a bone

2004 doesn't allow a batch fix. So in middle of opening every file and running the CAD standards checker and running the auto fix feature on each file. Just no way to batch file it. I just created separate .dws files for each of the dim scale variations I knew I had. Luckily it was type of drawing specific so easily identifiable for the size to use. Just wish could turn start it and forget it, but alas I'm stuck with this solution until further notice. Luckily paid by the hour! hahaha