See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Display Config Help????

Login to Give a bone

Default Display Config Help????

I'm in the process of configuring our standard for reflected ceiling plans.

The trouble I'm having is that at the openings I need the to be a lighter color that the walls.

Can anyone help with a solution for my display config?

I provided an example drawing.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Display Config Help????

Quote Originally Posted by Kal_digital View Post
    I'm in the process of configuring our standard for reflected ceiling plans.

The trouble I'm having is that at the openings I need the to be a lighter color that the walls.

Can anyone help with a solution for my display config?

I provided an example drawing.

Thanks
    I may be way off base here, but I think the reason why your wall is showing where your openings are is because of your cut plane. Edit the wall style, then go to the display properties tab, then the other tab. You have a cut plane override at 7'-6", but your openings are ony 6'-8" tall. Change your cut plane to be below 6'-8" and your openings will show up correctly. You may have to go into your openings and change the line type. I noticed the door is set to dashed. Set it to continuous if you'd like.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto View Post
    I may be way off base here, but I think the reason why your wall is showing where your openings are is because of your cut plane. Edit the wall style, then go to the display properties tab, then the other tab. You have a cut plane override at 7'-6", but your openings are ony 6'-8" tall. Change your cut plane to be below 6'-8" and your openings will show up correctly. You may have to go into your openings and change the line type. I noticed the door is set to dashed. Set it to continuous if you'd like.
    I looked at this earlier and came to the same conclusion, also the circular window has the frame turned on, but you can turn it off to look like your line sketch if you want.

Dan, I haven't played around much with this, can the windows/doors use an override cut plane rather than matching the container (ie the wall). What if you had windows at several different heights where a cut plane wouldn't pick them all up, some above some below, some in between. If that makes sense?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    I looked at this earlier and came to the same conclusion, also the circular window has the frame turned on, but you can turn it off to look like your line sketch if you want.

Dan, I haven't played around much with this, can the windows/doors use an override cut plane rather than matching the container (ie the wall). What if you had windows at several different heights where a cut plane wouldn't pick them all up, some above some below, some in between. If that makes sense?
    Good question Steve. I'm not really sure how you would do it if the cut plane missed some of the windows. I don't know that you can override the cut plane of a door or window. I think you can only do it to the walls.

Now that I think about it, if the cut plane doesn't go through the window, then you wouldn't need to see it on the inner and outer edge. The window should show the left and right edges as hidden.

However, in playing with the wall, I got all windows above the cut plane to show how the OP wants them by setting the below and above cut plane to continuous. It didn't work on the window below the cut plane though. Still working on that one.

Since it works for all windows above the cut plane, I guess you could set your wall's cut plane override to be where the lowest window is. That way it will show like the OP wants for all windows above the cut plane.

Login to Give a bone

You guys hands down are the best!!!!!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Good question Steve........................
    You hear that Dan, I'm the best, don't worry though mate, carry on as you are and you'll get some good comments of your own eventually.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    You hear that Dan, I'm the best, don't worry though mate, carry on as you are and you'll get some good comments of your own eventually.
    And I have my hands down??!!!!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

And I have my hands down??!!!!
    You do???

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Display Config Help????

Both you guys have step up beyond the call of duty!!!

But..................Dzatto you by far man have helped me out a tons!!!!! It's been great leaning a lot from you on this board and it is very much appreciated!!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Kal_digital View Post
    Both you guys have step up beyond the call of duty!!!

But..................Dzatto you by far man have helped me out a tons!!!!! It's been great leaning a lot from you on this board and it is very much appreciated!!!!!
    You hear that Steve? I'm Da Man!

Thanks Kal_digital. I've learned a ton from Steve and others on here. I'm just passing on what they taught me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast