Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resellers

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Resellers

I'm not sure if this question has been raised before or not, but I was wondering if Autodesk requires a person to use their local reseller or if we are not happy if we can use someone else?

I don't think my reseller knows enough about Revit and I have a hard time getting a response so I'd like to look to using someone else who is more knowledgeable and facilitating.

Thanks,
    grover

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Resellers

...fewer and fewer resellers around. My old boss has just about bought out everyone in our region.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cgrover
    I'm not sure if this question has been raised before or not, but I was wondering if Autodesk requires a person to use their local reseller or if we are not happy if we can use someone else?

I don't think my reseller knows enough about Revit and I have a hard time getting a response so I'd like to look to using someone else who is more knowledgeable and facilitating.

Thanks,
    grover
    Not sure how it works in the States, but here in Canada you can choose anyone who's authorised for a certain division and province.

I would guess that you can use any reseller in Montana who is eligible to sell Revit. Check out www.autodesk.com/reseller -- and note that this is only with regards to sales. You can pay anyone to get support if you need it! We have clients who we do tech support for, but we can't sell them software.

Autodesk Revit Product Marketing Manager
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by metanoia
    You can pay anyone to get support if you need it!
    Wes is right. Just because you bought the box from someone doesn't mean you need to get support from them. There are also very qualified consultants that can help you who travel. If you want support directly from Autodesk that is available as well. It all depends on the amount of support you are looking for, the kind of support you are looking for, and how much you want to pay. I've found in the past, now this is before I was working for Autodesk...you get what you pay for.

If you are still having trouble finding someone. Send me an email and I'll see if I can't point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

My check of the Autodesk website shows one reseller in MT. So does this mean I'm stuck purchasing my software from them? What about purchasing subscriptions for an existing product, does that still apply?

Thanks for the help.

grover

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cgrover
    My check of the Autodesk website shows one reseller in MT. So does this mean I'm stuck purchasing my software from them? What about purchasing subscriptions for an existing product, does that still apply?

Thanks for the help.

grover
    You can buy direct from Autodesk, but even then you name a reseller. Given the high prairie dog / human ratio in Montana, you may be stuck with whoever you've got.

I would try to find out who your Autodesk channel rep is for the area and tell them your concerns. Always helps to have the mother ship do some arm twisting.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Wes,

Thank you for your advice. I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

grover

Oh by the way the ratio is about 100/1.

All AUGI, all the time BomberAIA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Resellers

All Resellers are a waste. They give no support with Revit as they did with Acad. I always no more than them. I was glad when you could communicate w/ Revit directly. Now that has changed when Autodesk bought Revit. This Forum is far more valuable than a Reseller. That is my 2 cents.

I could stop if I wanted to Beth Powell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It is my understanding that if you are dissatisfied with your reseller, you can purchase from any reseller, period. It doesn't have to be MT. You can purchase from CA, VA, or even Wes.

There are a few good resellers in the country that actually care about the users and do know Revit. Find some that do.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BomberAIA
    ...All Resellers are a waste...
    I'm sure you realize when you see this in print how unfair it is to some resellers who work hard to understand Revit, their clients and the markets they serve. Resellers who forget what their mission is and fail to see where they fit in the adoption of technology cycle are the kind you seem most familiar with. Just realize that they play an important role in helping Revit mature in the market. We're grateful that our reseller is not like you describe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast