Thread: Multiple Connectors

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple Connectors

I am working on some security plumbing fixtures that have multiple sanitary connection points. I want to be able to assign both connectors to the same sanitary system. See attached image. Please excuse the bad pipe routing, but it shows the connectors better. I am trying to get both to the same sanitary system without having two families for a single combined plumbing fixture.

Autodesk recommends to not have unassigned connection points, so either there is a way to do this, or I have to manually draw pipe to the lavatory connection and not have the second pipe connector on there.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple Connectors

Sorry but can't help you with this but if you do find out, can you please let me know as having similar problems with AHU's and Chillers.

If I subsequently find an answer, I will let you know as I gather that this occurs quite often in MEP.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Can the fixture be created using nested families with the one connector part of the nested family?

Login to Give a bone

I am not sure if it does this with plumbing systems, but if you wire electrical devices together, create a system with one of them, and then "add" one other, then all other devices which are wired to that device will also be connected to the system.

Maybe that could get that other connector on the system.
    Matthew Danowski, PE, LEED AP BD+C
    Project Electrical Engineer
    Baltimore, MD

Login to Give a bone

Would the nested connector be set to Shared in the Family Categories so that it could be added to the system and the connectors could then have the "System" Flow configuration used.
    I tried nesting a connector family into an FCU model but the connector symbol did not appear when I wanted to add the duct work. Would that be because I did not have the shared option ticked within the family categories?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I have created custom intake or exhaust plenums with multiple connections by changing the family category to "Duct fittings" then changing the part type to "multi-port" allowing multiple connections and correct calculation of air flow... kinda, haha. I would assume you could make the back connection piece a pipe fitting with multiple connections, but I have never tried it.

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by awascher View Post
    I am working on some security plumbing fixtures...
    The first question that occurred to me was "Why do you have a vandal resistant Lav / WC mounted directly adjacent to the handicap shower that could be ripped off the wall, the grab bar used to beat a fellow inmate senseless and then the hose used to strangle them?"

Quote Originally Posted by awascher View Post
    ...I want to be able to assign both connectors to the same sanitary system...
    The method to assign the connectors is shown in the attached video. The process is identical for 2009 and 2010.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jlondenberg View Post
    The first question that occurred to me was "Why do you have a vandal resistant Lav / WC mounted directly adjacent to the handicap shower that could be ripped off the wall, the grab bar used to beat a fellow inmate senseless and then the hose used to strangle them?"
    This is my "sandbox" project for testing out families without cluttering actual projects. That's just my wall hosted plumbing fixture wall, not a real application.

Quote Originally Posted by jlondenberg View Post
    The method to assign the connectors is shown in the attached video. The process is identical for 2009 and 2010.
    Thanks. I'll see if this works.