Thread: Saving to an earlier version problem

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Saving to an earlier version problem

We have a bit of a problem and I don't know if it is a general 2009 problem or just settings on one of our stations.

We did a P&ID for a client annotating it using MText in 2009. The client asked to have it in 2004 format. I've tried to do a Saveas and also an Export but in both cases the alignment of the Mtext has changed (Top Right to Top Left or Center Middle to Top Left). I tried to go back as far as 2000 but got the same results. Even though the drawing was created in 2009, I tried converting from 2008 and also 2007 and on several different stations always with the same results. It sounds like a setting to me but.....

As a quick fix, I exploded all the Mtext since the client is only viewing it in a third party viewer and everything works well but, going forward, I'd like to continue using Mtext.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Tom

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saving to an earlier version problem

Tom,
    I think you may be out of luck. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I've not had much luck with text in the newer version of Adesk products. In Revit for example, if you rotate text inside of a tag, the text ends up in a different location (ie no longer in the center). The reason Adesk gave said it had to do with how the Charter maps in Windows play with the Text objects. I'm wondering if there's a same type of issue in ACA.
    Have you tried to save it as a .dxf file? Just a though.
    I don't think it's a setting, I think you may have found a little glitch. They did upgrade text and text type objects with the last release, so it's possible they may have over-looked something. I'd send in a support request to Adesk and see what they come back with.
    Just some thoughts.