Thread: Draw pipes in profile? Help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Draw pipes in profile? Help!

For some unknown frustrating reason I cannot get my proposed structures to be drawn in the profile at the proposed grade. The pipes are drawn but the structures are not. Any ideas? Im very close to putting my boot through my computer! thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Draw pipes in profile? Help!

I think it has something to do with the proposed surface. I don't know what step I am missing. If I go to surface properties of the proposed surface there in nothing in the statistics tab. Anybody have any ideas please! Am I missing a step in my surface creation from my corridor?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Give us the steps you're following. It's hard to say what is and is not being done if we don't know what you're doing in the first place. Start with surface and alignment creation and go from there.
    Also, could it be that it is drawing in the structures, but you're just not seeing it? Is the layer that the structures themselves are being drawn on frozen?
    Also, are the pipes being drawn in at the right elevation, and there's just a gap where the structures are supposed to go?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Have you attached a reference surface to the structures? if not they will insert at 0m. Change your profile view elevations to automatic to double check.

Login to Give a bone

I have had this issue as well when I don't use a surface reference. You need to check the rim elevations on your structures, if you don't have a referenced surface and you manually change the inverts of the pipes connected to the structure, a bug in the system resets the rim elevation to 0 and your structures disappear from your profile view all together. They will pop back in when you reset the rim elevation. Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kvandyke View Post
    I think it has something to do with the proposed surface. I don't know what step I am missing. If I go to surface properties of the proposed surface there in nothing in the statistics tab. Anybody have any ideas please! Am I missing a step in my surface creation from my corridor?
    Check the surface tab under your cooridor properties and make sure you have a data link under your surface, if not you will have a surface and no data attached. Here is a shot of the way it should look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

thanks for the suggestions. It was the data link. Got it all figured out and they are showing up now. Thanks for all the help!