Thread: Referencing Back to Sections

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Referencing Back to Sections

Hi All,

Is there any way to reference a call out back to the source of the callout automatically.
    For example, when you do a callout for a detail from Section 3, sheet A3.09.

The detail will be given a number when placed on a sheet, this of course can be altered, but can this also include where this callout came from, either Section 3 or sheet A3.09?

Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Referencing Back to Sections

Its possible to reference the sheet on which the call out apprears. See my attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Yes this works, sort of. It will display one of two things, the place where it was cut from, or the earliest place in the set where it is visible, depending upon the setting for your callout, detail, section. Where this can breakdown, is when you hide it in an early view, the info may not be update correctly. To force it to update, you may have to remove the plan view it is hidden in from the sheet, save, then replace the view on the sheet, the information in the "from" portion of the title, will now be updated.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Rudolf,
    I have this set up already, what I was chasing was if you can change the view name of teh callout to show where the view has come from, not where the callout is going to as you have shown.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

So basically you want to reference the parent view of where you took the call out view from, and show this with the title name of the call out view on your sheet. I've tried, and cannot find anyway of placing a label that reference back to the parent view of the call out in the View tag family

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

This seems to be a limitation of Revit in many places - information from further 'up' the inheritance chain is hard to reference. Doors don't know how thick their hosting wall is for example.

Login to Give a bone

Hmmmm,
    So rather than update issues like these we get ribbons!!!
    I am not sure how documents are produced around the globe, but in Australia we like to reference the perant view from the callout, so on site, the contractor doesn't have to fish through a set of section sheets to find a relevant detail.
    It just seems to make sense to do it that way, two way referencing, pertty standard for documentation i would assume?

Oh well. Thanks anyway. Wishlist item i guess.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHdoc View Post
    So rather than update issues like these we get ribbons!!!
    Agreed! Autodesk does NOT seem intent on listening to the Wishlists, I'm fairly certain that adding the Ribbons to Revit was NOT on a wishlist last year.

[quote=ARCHdoc;938679]I am not sure how documents are produced around the globe, but in Australia we like to reference the parent view from the callout, so on site, the contractor doesn't have to fish through a set of section sheets to find a relevant detail.
    It just seems to make sense to do it that way, two way referencing, pretty standard for documentation i would assume?/quote]

There is a call-out head for doing this, as well as the ability to add it to the numbering of the View Title. You cannot add it to the Text of the View title. It is named View Title w Sheet-Ref Sheet.rfa and is in the imperial content. As Stated in my previous post, when the Hide in view command was added, it "complicated" the accuracy of this. See my previous post in this thread.