Thread: AEC wall clean up snaps to baseline

Login to Give a bone

Talking AEC wall clean up snaps to baseline

I try to grip edit a wall to clean up with a perpendicular wall and the grip edited wall snaps to the baseline of the intersecting wall. I can't get the grip edited wall to snap to the perpendicular shrink wrap boundary of the intersecting wall. See attached screen shot.
    In the options dialog box under AEC object settings, autosnap new wall base lines and autosnap grip edited wall baselines are both UNCHECKED. I have an extra layer of gwb on one wall, so maybe it has something to do with component priority values, but I have the same problem with walls of the same style. I have to change the baseline justification of the perpendicular wall before they clean up properly. I don't always have time or the patience to do this. Can anybody tell me what settings to change to get these wall conditions to clean up properly? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AEC wall clean up snaps to baseline

Hey Bowes,
    First, this is in the wrong forum. Regular ACAD users don't have walls and such. That's ACA. Here's the link for future reference.
    http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=379

MOD: I'm thinking we need to move this thread. I'm sure we'll get better responses in the ACA section.

Now for your problem. If both the layers are the same priority, they should clean up. Try to extend the wall using extend instead of a grip. Also, try using the grip and stretching it past the perpendicular wall, then use the trim command.

I've had walls not clean up properly when using grips, but extend and trim seemed to work.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bowes View Post
    I try to grip edit a wall to clean up with a perpendicular wall and the grip edited wall snaps to the baseline of the intersecting wall. I can't get the grip edited wall to snap to the perpendicular shrink wrap boundary of the intersecting wall. See attached screen shot.
    In the options dialog box under AEC object settings, autosnap new wall base lines and autosnap grip edited wall baselines are both UNCHECKED. I have an extra layer of gwb on one wall, so maybe it has something to do with component priority values, but I have the same problem with walls of the same style. I have to change the baseline justification of the perpendicular wall before they clean up properly. I don't always have time or the patience to do this. Can anybody tell me what settings to change to get these wall conditions to clean up properly? Thanks.
    Any chance you can post an example dwg file to look at?

There are loads of things which can make the clean ups misbehave, if we can see a file we'll most likely be able to tell you what the problem is straight away.

Also what version of ACA are you using?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for responding folks. I'm using 2009. I attached a screen shot of the condition in my first post.

Login to Give a bone

As Steve mentioned, it would be nice to have an actual drawing so we can check the wall properties, components, etc. and try to figure it out.

Login to Give a bone

There is a new OSNAP setting in 2009 that allows you to restrict "general" object snaps to work only on the justification line of a wall. Perhaps you have this toggled on.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Wall cleanups do work with the baseline. Other issues with the cleanup are most likely caused by priorities. Paul Aubin's books clarify the priority muck.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: AEC wall clean up snaps to baseline

I Think DKoch has the right solution. It seems to have made the difference. I still have some priorities to resolve. Thanks alot!

Login to Give a bone

BINGO! Thanks!