Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get rid of these Red Circles?? Or make them Non Plotable some how??

I could stop if I wanted to Dr._House's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Can I get rid of these Red Circles?? Or make them Non Plotable some how??

These are poping up all over our drawings and I don't know how to get rid of them. Any Advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can I get rid of these Red Circles?? Or make them Non Plotable some how??

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._House View Post
    These are poping up all over our drawings and I don't know how to get rid of them. Any Advice?
    The red circles are indicating that there are wall clean up issues. They should already be non-plotting by default, you can check this or turn them off completely by going into the display properties for the walls.

A better option would be to play around with the walls to make them clean up correctly.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can I get rid of these Red Circles?? Or make them Non Plotable some how??

This thread may be of help too.
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=48110
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by H'Angus View Post
    The red circles are indicating that there are wall clean up issues. They should already be non-plotting by default, you can check this or turn them off completely by going into the display properties for the walls.

A better option would be to play around with the walls to make them clean up correctly.
    We don't draw the Arch portion, we're an MEP firm.. I don't know if we would have it in our budget to fix all the walls that we get, but it is an option.

Login to Give a bone

I am using ACAD MEP 2008.. which option do I turn off? I'm not sure I'm lookin in the right place? I have looked at the properties box and also in the display manager and I don't see where I am supposed to be looking.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._House View Post
    I am using ACAD MEP 2008.. which option do I turn off? I'm not sure I'm lookin in the right place? I have looked at the properties box and also in the display manager and I don't see where I am supposed to be looking.
    Select the wall, right click then pick edit display properties, click the button in the top right of the dialogue box that appears and it waill take you to the display properties which is similar to the layer manager, there should be one called defect warning, click the light bulb to turn it off.

Does that help you?

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don't know how tight your tolerances are for the type of work you're doing but, you might want to have the Archie tighten those walls up first. It's possible there's a significant enough error in the wall they'll end up moving it and throwing all your work off.

That or they'll see the error, go looking closer and come up with a shiny new design and ftp it to you at 4:30pm Friday with a deadline of 8:00am Monday morning..

Raise your hand if that last one has ever happened to you..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pauljordan View Post

That or they'll see the error, go looking closer and come up with a shiny new design and ftp it to you at 4:30pm Friday with a deadline of 8:00am Monday morning..

Raise your hand if that last one has ever happened to you..
    Not quite, it's usually more like 4:00, then 4:15, then 4:30, then another update sometime on Saturday, followed by one more @ 8:15 on Monday.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Not quite, it's usually more like 4:00, then 4:15, then 4:30, then another update sometime on Saturday, followed by one more @ 8:15 on Monday.
    You obviously haven't figured out how to turn the phones and email off then Although I'm quite happy to make as many changes as the client wants, and charge them accordingly.

Login to Give a bone

You obviously haven't figured out how to turn the phones and email off then Although I'm quite happy to make as many changes as the client wants, and charge them accordingly.
    It's very hard to do that when it's your Arch or MEP that's driving the changes. Once I had gotten 6 revisions to the same back ground in the course of 3 hrs from our MEP consultant. Nice part is, you don't have to charge them, you just don't pay em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast