Thread: Batch file for Vault 2009 Backup Issues

Login to Give a bone

Default Batch file for Vault 2009 Backup Issues

Hey guys/gals,

I'm trying to set up a batch file which I can run as a scheduled task for our Vault. I have the following:

REM PROVIDING THE BEST RESULTS FOR BACKING UP THE VAULT
    REM DELETE B AND CASCADE A BACKUP SUBDIRECTORIES
    RMDIR /Q /S "C:\Vault Backups\B"
    REN "C:\Vault Backups\A" B
    REM CREATE A NEW DIRECTORY FOR THE BACKUP
    MKDIR "C:\Vault Backups\A\"
    REM START THE BACKUP PROCESS (THIS IS ONE LINE OF TEXT)
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Data Management Server 2009\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" –Obackup -B"C:\Vault Backups\A" -VUadministrator –VP<Sam2004Aug> -S
    NET STOP MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT
    NET START MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT

It works up to where it is supposed to start the backup process (in bold above, if I did it right...). When it gets to that line, it simply says that it cannot find the file specified.

I tried walking through it manually, step by step and got the same result. So, then I did it even more "manually" where I went through line by line (starting at C:\, then typing "cd\Program Files (x86)" to drill into that directory, etc.). I found that the "Autodesk" folder could not be found using the "cd\Autodesk" but it was fine if I typed "cd Autodesk". All the other directories worked regardless of whether or not the "\" was there. Not sure if that's a clue for anyone or not. The folder is NOT hidden.

If any of you have any ideas why I can't get passed this line, I would greatly appreciate some help! Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Batch file for Vault 2009 Backup Issues

OK, so the issue has been determined!

First of all, I had to remove the < > from around the password field (which was the cause of the "cannot find the file specified" error).

Secondly, once that was fixed, I received a few "Invalid Switch" errors for each section that started with a dash. I had originally copied and pasted the batch file text from the Advanced Configuration Guide. As such, somehow windows was not recognizing the dashes as dashes but as "û" or something like that, and therefore giving me an "Invalid Switch" error.

To solve this, I went into the batch file and deleted all dashes, re-typing them in one by one.

This has solved me issue, and I'm finally on my way to creating backups automatically! I hope this helps someone else who may come across a similar issue.