See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Auto number attribute lisp fix

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Auto number attribute lisp fix

I like the simplicity of your increment.lsp. Has a simple dialog box without too many options. Works great for my needs. Thank you!

I tried the AutoIncr lisp, but couldn't even get to a dialog box. The lisp doesn't prompt the user with the needed startup command string in the text window when it's loaded. Typing AutoIncr gives me a command line prompt for "create an entity"????

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

The idea behind AutoIncr, was to fix onto the old Increment command some of the criticisms I was told:
    • You can only increment existing texts.
    • To insert a text in the middle requires you to re-increment from that point (manually)
    • If you want a change in the numbering format you have to re-increment from scratch.
    If you load the AutoIncr.LSP file, you have 2 (main) new commands:

AutoIncr
    Will start off by asking you to pick an entity (much the same as the original Increment did). However, it assumes some defaults and provides for you to either Select several at once or Create a new Text, MText, Block or MLeader. It remembers what you chose the last time you used it in this session, so if you chose to create something - you'll be asked by default what you want to creat, instead of the normal default of picking an entity.

After you've picked / selected / created the entity(ies) it basically starts the next (major) command as if you selected that new increment group.

EditIncr
    Whit this you're asked to pick one of the entities connected to the increment grouping, if you used AutoIncr this is done automatically for you. You are now asked some modification options - one of which is Settings which opens the dialog (similar to what Increment did at its very start). The difference is that when you change a setting here (and click OK) you modify the entire group of "text" entities (be they only 1 or 1000's).

As a better example see the attached video screen capture.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for the reply.
    Have you seen Lee Mac's NumInc lsp on cadtutor forums? http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showth...ght=numinc+lsp
    He has a nice renumbering option, in which you set the increment in the dialog box, and then just pick the attributed blocks in the order you want them renumbered.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for showing me that. Kudos to Lee Mac for a very nice command. His does work smoother than mine, much the same functionality (except for that above and beyond the call of duty alignment options )

Only his doesn't seem to have the ability to update a pre-existing set of increments. Maybe we could work together to combine the best from the 2 and make one truly awesome code. I'll post him on the swamp.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Thanks for showing me that. Kudos to Lee Mac for a very nice command. His does work smoother than mine, much the same functionality (except for that above and beyond the call of duty alignment options )

Only his doesn't seem to have the ability to update a pre-existing set of increments. Maybe we could work together to combine the best from the 2 and make one truly awesome code. I'll post him on the swamp.
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate the compliments - high praise indeed considering the source.

As I've probably mentioned, I didn't really focus that much on incrementing existing text as there were so many things to cover, hence I just included a 'replacement' option instead.

The two combined would be pretty awesome, I just wish I had the time to work on it... :S

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I'll see what I can do. I'll have to look at how you did yours, don't want to re-invent the wheel.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    I'll see what I can do. I'll have to look at how you did yours, don't want to re-invent the wheel.
    It might be pretty shocking - its been modified so many times that it probably needs a rewrite..

Login to Give a bone

Dear irneb:
    There is a problem bothering me.As you\\\'ve known,In my area of work Some figures of the sort is necessary,something like :from I0.0 to I0.7,Followed from I1.0 to I1.7,from I2.0 to I2.7,............from I7.0 to I7.7,from I8.0 to I8.7,from I9.0 to I9.7.But with the \\\"Octal numbering \\\" mode in your routine ,I8.0 carry into I10.0. I9.0 No longer appeared.I know that this is indeed with the \\\"Octal numbring \\\" mode ,but I need a solution for the Completion of my work.I really like your program ,That is the most perfect I\\\'ve ever seen.Day and night looking forward to your reply.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Yep sorry, your numbering seems to be a combination of octal and decimal. With the fraction portion numbered in octal, while the integer is numbered in decimal. Am I correct?

That would probably need a large rewrite ... but I'm working on extending the numbering to include custom number formatting ... which should then enable your specialized numbering system. Unfortunately I'm not a full time programmer, so I can only work on the code when I have a spare moment - please be patient

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by xiaxiang_2004 View Post
    Dear irneb:
    There is a problem bothering me.As you\\\'ve known,In my area of work Some figures of the sort is necessary,something like :from I0.0 to I0.7,Followed from I1.0 to I1.7,from I2.0 to I2.7,............from I7.0 to I7.7,from I8.0 to I8.7,from I9.0 to I9.7.But with the \\\"Octal numbering \\\" mode in your routine ,I8.0 carry into I10.0. I9.0 No longer appeared.I know that this is indeed with the \\\"Octal numbring \\\" mode ,but I need a solution for the Completion of my work.I really like your program ,That is the most perfect I\\\'ve ever seen.Day and night looking forward to your reply.
    Thanks!
    Just added an update: See the SVN revision 23. http://caddons.svn.sourceforge.net/v...r.LSP?view=log

I've added your specialized numbering as a custom format called Decimal_Octal. So in the dialog select the Custom option, then choose the DECIMAL_OCTAL from the drop-down (should be the only one listed). The rest of the settings should work the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast