Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ecotect 2010 options for existing users

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ecotect 2010 options for existing users

Quote Originally Posted by m20roxxers View Post
    So an originally Australian product is at this very moment not available to Australians????
    Ecotect Analysis 2010 is not currently available in Australian market, you read my last post correct. This is primarily because of the availability of Australian weather data on the web-based Energy Analysis capability delivered with Ecotect Analysis subscription (you might know it as Green Building Studio). We chose not to launch the product without the ability to do analysis in the region of purchase.

There are additional considerations around bringing such a reseller channel product to a market, but they're not really the sort of "fun" stuff we talk about on our forums.

All is not lost, however. Global customers, such as yourself, are welcome to purchase online copies of Ecotect 2009. Now before you get all concerned about release year in this situation, the primary difference between these products from a capability perspective is the integration with the Green Building Studio web-based Energy Analysis.

Full discolsure, as I mentioned previously, Ecotect Analysis 2010 is currently offered only with Network Licensing. Ecotect 2009 is currently only offered online with Standalone licensing.

All make sense?

Cheers,
    Kyle B

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Perfectly thanks for the reply, I was thinking it was a very short cycle between the two packages

Login to Give a bone

Other than the licensing are their any differences between 2009 and analysis

Login to Give a bone

Kyle,

I currently have Ecotect 5.60 and GBS corporate license. What will my migration path be in order to consolidate and still be able to use all of the GBS features that were entailed under corporate licensing? When asking my subscription support they requested my GBS serial number, which I found kind of amusing. Will ADSK come up with something tangible that will clearly describe the migration path, as well as, not look like a highway robbery at the same time.

Regards,

Tomislav

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Ecotect 2010 options for existing users

Hello Tomislav,
    As Kyle already mentioned, as an existing license holder, you will have the opportunity to migrate to Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2010 at a deep discount. Ecotect Analysis, with subscription, includes Green Building Studio.

If you don't want to upgrade your Ecotect license, but wish to maintain your Green Building Studio account, you can, for a limited time, still purchase Green Building Studio through the e-store. There is no immediate plan to end the sale of stand-alone access to Green Building Studio through the e-store, but I expect it may go the way of the Dodo bird before too long.

Hope this helps since you are one of our valued early adopters!

Best,
    Marjorie Stein

Login to Give a bone

Finally heard back from our reseller and there is no upgrade path if you purchased Ecotect before Autodesk did. You can upgrade from Ecotect 2009, just not prior versions.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Baros View Post
    Finally heard back from our reseller and there is no upgrade path if you purchased Ecotect before Autodesk did. You can upgrade from Ecotect 2009, just not prior versions.
    Andre,
    That is not correct information. I'll send I send you a PM and we can get you guys set up to move to Ecotect Analysis 2010.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Kyle:
    Direct quote from my reseller:

There appears to be no upgrade path for Ecotect 5.6. However, if you need a new license of Ecotect it now includes GBS at no additional charge.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sealander View Post
    Kyle:
    Direct quote from my reseller:

There appears to be no upgrade path for Ecotect 5.6. However, if you need a new license of Ecotect it now includes GBS at no additional charge.
    Well, it would appear to be incorrect information. I'll send you a Private Message to help get things straightened out.

Cheers,
    Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

Kyle, thanks for straightening things out, though I dare say there may be a lot of cases like this. My reseller pointed the blame upstream and said that we were far from the only ones with this issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast