Thread: formula function in property set definition

Login to Give a bone

Smile formula function in property set definition

anyone know how to use the formula function in property set definition?

i had created my own property set definition for the custom tag and use the manual set property to define the type of tag.

but the problem was the same object has tag in two different number.
    is there any method or may be use the formula function to make the same object tag with the same number?

thanks
    sorry bad english but hope u all can understand what i meant.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: formula function in property set definition

I don't think I quite understand what you are trying to do... perhaps if you could post some screenshots?

If you are trying to create a custom formula definition, you need to use the Formula type (not Manual). Instead of clicking on the button that has the box with the arrow in it, click on the one that has the 2+4 and lightning bolt on it.

-Buzz

Login to Give a bone

hi buzz.

i had attached a screen shot to explain again.

and do u have any source can learn how to use the formula in property set definition or any example.
    thanks

sam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (192.0 KB, 28 views)

Login to Give a bone

Objects 2 and 4, in the screenshot, are not the same object. Perhaps they are the same object type.

Regardless, you need to know what property set data the tag is referencing, and adjust that property in the Properties palette.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sam_ctlim View Post
    ...and do u have any source can learn how to use the formula in property set definition or any example.
    I do not use MEP, so I have no idea what is generating the numbers in those tags. If it is an auto-increment integer type manual property, it should not be changing the value on that property if you have in fact tagged the same object twice. If those are, as Robert indicates, two separate objects of the same type, and you want all such objects of that type to have the same number displayed when tagged, then you may want to look into creating a new manual property that is either just text or a "regular" (non-auto-incrementing) integer. If all objects of the same style would have the same tag, then you could put that in a style-based property set and only need to set the value once, when attaching the property set to the style.

If it turns out you do want a formula property (now, or in the future), in addition to the material in the Help, you may find the course materials for ATP121 of use. All of the examples are for Architectural Desktop, not Building Systems/MEP, but the same principals should apply to both. Look in the AUGI Training Program archives, under June, 2006. If you are lucky, this link will give access to the course materials. Otherwise, you will need to click on the AUGI Training Program link under the Education item in the menu bar under the AUGI logo, then navigate to Archived ATP Courses. Set the year to 2006 and scroll down to June to find the ATP121 course materials link. There is also a link to the archived course forums there. There is a corrected version of the Segment 3 PDF in the forum - I am not certain if that got included in the course material download or if that has the original version.