Thread: Routines that run in 09 wont run in 08

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Routines that run in 09 wont run in 08

I sent an update to our other office of our custom routines. I got a call this morning from the other office stating that nothing is loading. I looked back at my change log and the only thing I can find that I modified in regards to how things are loaded is, I moved all the command calls into a startup function, then appended the startup function to load the routines. The programs run perfectly fine in their 09 test station, and they work fine in our office which is completely on 09. The rest of the office is still on 08 and none of them are having any of the programs loaded. If I append the S::STARTUP from 09, is it not compatible with 08? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Routines that run in 09 wont run in 08

nevermind, we found that it had something to do with the profile name and being case sensitive. so I just made everything all caps. seems to have fixed it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    nevermind, we found that it had something to do with the profile name and being case sensitive. so I just made everything all caps. seems to have fixed it.
    Thanks for posting back what the problem / solution was. Sorry, I couldn't help. I haven't migrated to 2009 yet. Probably won't at the moment, just move on into 2010 when it is released.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Thanks for posting back what the problem / solution was. Sorry, I couldn't help. I haven't migrated to 2009 yet. Probably won't at the moment, just move on into 2010 when it is released.
    thats what I would recommend, with 2010 so close to being released, why switch to 09 and be stuck with all the issues that were fixed with 2010 for a whole year. Besides the additional editing capabilities of hatch in 2010 are awesome.