Thread: Clash test presentation

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Clash test presentation

I'm going to do my first clash test presentation in our next week's meeting. It's at 25% DD phase.

The followings are my questions:

Typically how do you present the clash test results? Do you record them and present them? If so, what file format do you use so that you can show them in Navisworks Freedom? Or do you guys always do the presentation in Navisworks Manage?

I would rather to have everything presented in Freedom so that I don't have to bring the laptop that has Manage installed.

Please give me some suggestions if you guys have done this before, thanks in advance.;

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Clash test presentation

Typically I only run clash tests in a presentation format when training users on clash resolution procedures. The clashes get resolved prior to any business presentations (including weekly reviews); no point in showing the client problems with the models. If there are any egregious errors that require group input, they get saved as viewpoints in the NWF along with enough redlines, comments, and/or hyperlinks so the situation can either be resolved or tasked to specific users. The viewpoints go along with the NWD when the file is published.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

This is our current situation. (Let me be more clear.)

Everyone of us (inlcuding the client) hasn't been to any kind of BIM meeting before. Everyone wants to "experience' how the clash detective works. I think for now It's "OK" to see the clashes as long as they are presented in a manner that everybody knows who's responsible to deal with them.

I think the purpose is to convince the clients that this coordination meeting is valued and rewarding in a long run and they can actually see the value of out of their BIM investment in this project.

My job is to make sure everybody is comfortable on who's responsible of taking care of the clashes in a most efficinet manner. Thanks in advance once again.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Use Manage to show the ability of your firm to run the program. You will be the MEP manager, yes? Show how you will create viewpoints, run clash tests with clearance for monocoat or others as required. Also let the team know that you will be pushing for information and answers from the owner, Architectural and Structural teams to do your part.

The biggest issue is who is going to take the lead as MEP coordination manager?
    Will they do the job required, or will they expect everyone to get together on their own to figure it out, only meeting with the MEP team during dog and pony show meetings for (the GC. and) others benefit? It won't happen if you try to go this way. I see it over and over again, jobs that go more than double their coordination schedule (and costs) due to combinations of poor management, lack of leadership, continuous architectural and structural changes late into coordination, and a 3D model that doesn't convey completely in 3D the true conditions that will be fabricated and installed in the field. Steel and it's braces, framing, king studs, and soffits, all systems and required service access, it's all required!

The process is involved and time consuming, but done correctly I have seen spectacular results.

The problem is that I see a majority of jobs that are done wrong trying to save a few bucks up front.

Perk