Thread: Lines across fills on PDF plot

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Lines across fills on PDF plot

Hi guys.

I'm having some problems plotting to a PDF file from TrueView 2009. The DWG file opens and renders perfectly in TrueView, it's a 2D layout.

If I plot to a PDF file using the "Adobe PDF" plotter (I have Adobe CS3 installed), the resulting PDF is of great quality, except it has strange grey lines across the fills (see attached image). Importing this PDF into Illustrator reveals that the fills has been made up of loads of small triangles...

When I plot to PDF using the 'DWG to PDF" plotter I get quite thick line weights on some objetcs, particularly text. It makes it quite hard to read unless zooming right in. (Image attached again..) When importing into Illustrator the fills appear as one solid object.

Anyone have any idea how I can get a PDF file that has the same quality as the Adobe PDF version, but without all the lines?

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lines across fills on PDF plot

I am having the same issue with printing to 'DWG to PDF' with random lineweights being thick. Mostly on text or lines/ object I have copied. Match properties to things with correct weights doesn't fix them. When I print preview, the thick wieghts look fine but then morph to random thicknesses when viewing PDF and on the printed hard copy.
    Any thoughts?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lines across fills on PDF plot

Was there ever a solution reached here? I have a client that is getting some serious grey lines while printing in Adobe.

I cannot recreate the problem on my end, so I think it is his printer driver. The odd thing is that he has printed this type of file before with no problem. The map size is 36x44" and the pdf will produce these grey lines, but when the pdf is set to print 22x36 (d size) the grey lines disappear.

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images