Thread: Specific Demo Notes, Plan Notes etc.,

Login to Give a bone

Default Specific Demo Notes, Plan Notes etc.,

I have created a tag that picks up a shared parameter, DemoKey (lets say) I associate the parameter with the construction group of all objects (yes its a multi catag. tag) Now I create a schedule to read this info. Everything works fine EXCEPT it will not pass the info entered for a wall ie., 1. Demo portion of wall as shown. What am I missing?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Specific Demo Notes, Plan Notes etc.,

A wall is a system family. System Families cannot be scheduled using any type of Multi-catagory schedule, other than a Material -Take-off schedule. That is why it will not pick-up the information.

We use a generic Annotation family, we name a Demo Key Note family. We create a Type under it for each demo note. Then you can use a Note Block, which can be set to that family name, and you have your Demo Notes. We simply use the same thing with a different family name for Architectural Keyed notes etc.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Scott!

Login to Give a bone

So in doing that you just relinquish yourself to plopping the note in telling it you want a leader having it shoot a 6' long arm out going to the end of it dragging it back to where you want it to point repositioning your note bubble so it looks decent then going back later in the project when things have been readjusted for what ever reason and repositioning all the notes that have moved becaue you cant attach a generic annotation to something (that I know of atleast) doesn't seem very BIM like or efficient. Not bashing you by any means just trying to reason thru this. Seems like there should be a better way.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

No offense taken....

I have not found a better solution. We don't use alot of keyed notes, beyond demolition notes, it is not that big an issue to our firm. This is a system that seems to work. Granted it is not terribly automatic, but it's not a broken system either.

Key notes are a pain to use for this type of thing, since there would have to be an existing version of everything to keynote. An object can only have one keynote assosciated with it (I believe), you cannot note it one way on demo, and another way on Architecturals.

You way is depending upon someone entering the information into the shared parameter correctly, so I don't see alot of differences.

Login to Give a bone

I agree with the keynotes and that is why I have steered clear of them so far. I thought I had the program down by creating the shared parameter and the multi cat tag until the wall issue popped up or didn't pop up . Again thanks for your help

Login to Give a bone

<You way is depending upon someone entering the information into the shared parameter correctly, so I don't see alot of differences.>

I used the shared parameter to create the field and associated it with the construction data in the objects, associated it with all objects then created a tag to read the info. A shared parameter is the only way I could create the tag, I don't put all the info in a shared parameter file. The other benefit was once you select a shared parameter file it is associated with all the projects.