Thread: Callout/View labels and SSM

Login to Give a bone

Default Callout/View labels and SSM

Is the link between view and callout block a one-way street? Our standard blocks for both calllout and view title show the number for both the sheet the from where the callout is taken as well as the sheet the detail/section/elevation is shown on. I can make my callout block work fine, but how do I get the view title to behave similarly (as a "View Title" block) without having to insert it as a "Callout" block? Inserting it as a callout block just seems to be more trouble than it's worth, as it just generates a confusing number of model views..

Furthermore...

Is there a way to have more than one 'referenced from' (sheetsetplaceholder>sheetnumber) sheet number show upon insert? My engineers insist on referencing to every instance of where a section is cut.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Callout/View labels and SSM

Let's see if I can help.

I may need a little more info on the first part, about the callout block - view label block bit. So you are using the same block for both callouts and view labels? If so, I would set up the sheet set properties to be sure it is pathed to the same block for both the "callout blocks" and the "label block for views" properties. Then it should pull the same block for either one. I myself use a different block since there was just too much other stuff going on to use the same one for both. My callout block covers detail bugs with various leader configurations, wall sections, and a detail bug with no leader at all. Then the view label block covers all my drawing titles, site titles and so on. For that one I'm linking the drawing title, drawing number & the viewport scale. For the callout bug, I'm linking the sheet number and drawing number. I'd be curious to see your drawing with your callout block to see what you are trying to do with it.

As for the second part, no not really. I usually place another callout along side the first one. I get what they want to do, but the SSM can only place a callout linked to a single spot within the model views list at a time. So you would need to go through the list and place each instance. But hey, at least you don't have to place them, then fix all the numbers in them like BSSM (Before Sheet Set Manager)!

Login to Give a bone

I've thrown in the towel on this one. As we use multiple references to where a callout block is placed, using SheetSetPlaceholder-SheetNumber is moot. And it seems that if I want to show the SheetNumber field in the view title, I'd have to run two sheet views to have the SheetNumber show up. And tracking two sheet views for one callout/view instance just seems to be more work than it's worth...

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hey Scott,
    I'm not sure I'm following you totally, but let me try to explain a bit more.

So, my callout block for details is the typical circle with a horizontal line through the middle of it. Above the line is an attribute with a field linked to the "currentsheetset-viewnumber" and another one below the line linked to the "currentsheetset-sheetnumber". This gives me both the view number and the sheet number in the one callout bug. See the attached pic of my callout. You can see the gray field background showing that those are not a regular piece of text.

If I needed another callout to another detail for the same location, I would simply place it next to the first one creating another bubble with another link to a different detail. I've done it on drawings in our office. But you can't place multiple callouts at once from the SSM, you have to place each one individually.

Hope that helps. the short of it is, each reference to a detail has to be placed one at a time, you can't just check all that apply and place them all at once.
    Attached Images Attached Images