Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW Bus/Kombi

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: VW Bus/Kombi

@karasz87: Yep , use gimp to "final art" my renders, instead of photoshop... sometimes I create some special textures with it too...

@Ed Jobe: A rat look is part of my plans to this bus and for my vw beetle... for adistant future maybe... I'm totally out of time on da last six months...
    Thanx for the comment and suggestion. =)

@stusic: Hippie style??! never...
    but rat style?! I luv it. Rat hods, hot rods, hoodride style... Some day my "aircooled car" renders will have tones of rust hehehehe

@jaberwok: Never heard 'bout metallic paint on bus too... but I don't pretend to go "original" on this renders, i just like to try new things and concepts... just for fun and for learn...

[]'s

Login to Give a bone

Super awesome.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Udi View Post
    wow, thanx for da comment... =)
    How can I get better textures for the car body? All kind of tips are welcome.
    I always wanted to do some metalic paint, but with AutoCAD there's no way (at least I don't know how to do)... in 3DsMax I've read 'bout two "layers" of texture in the same material, with different shine levels...

I like modelling more than render, but have better renders isn't a bad idea btw.

cheers =)
    If you like to model, model the lenses for the lights. If I have time and it's not too difficult, I would prefer to model an object over using a texture and bumpmaps.

Login to Give a bone

Isn't a bad idea to use a bumpmap on da headlights =)
    I think it would be a little TOO HEAVY to render a model with lots of fillets like such lens in a glass texture...
    My last render to this Kombi took me 4 hours, guess why???
    Just because of the glass on the side windows and wind shield, the render buckets just don't move when it comes in this regions of the scene... and it's just plan faces of a box...
    all the rest of the scene rendered in less than 10 minutes, the "glass region", all the rest of the time.
    Better don't even think on a glass with curve body and lots of fillets... i preffer finish the render before I get 75 years old (or even older... hehehehe)...

btw, it's fun to model things this way...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by vsheehan View Post
    If you like to model, model the lenses for the lights. If I have time and it's not too difficult, I would prefer to model an object over using a texture and bumpmaps.
    Modern headlamps mainly use almost plain glass - not like the old SAE types.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Udi View Post
    @karasz87: Yep , use gimp to "final art" my renders, instead of photoshop... sometimes I create some special textures with it too...
    Well that sounds interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12