Thread: Coordinate Blocks/Lisp options?

Login to Give a bone

Default Coordinate Blocks/Lisp options?

Hi folks! This is my first time using AUGI forums, so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by asking for help.

I've done a LOT of searching online, and haven't come up with any real information which I could find easy to digest, so I'm hoping you guys might be able to assist. What I want to do is create a block (preferably) or lisp which my team will be able to use to help coordinate plans in paper space, pulling coordinates from model space.

Attached is a drawing which includes the various ways in which I want our coordinate labels to appear. I don't want to use quick or multileaders, and I don't want my text to be multitext. If at all possible, I heard that using fields, this can be done, but I couldn't find any examples of where I could find information on those fields.

So, I'm resorting to asking for shameless help. If you could, at least point me in some good directions, I'd be grateful. Thanks for everything!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Coordinate Blocks/Lisp options?

What are you wanting for the X's in the sample you provided? N. X+XX'-X"
    N= Northing & E = Easting is a given but are you wanting the coordinates to be Degree, Min, Sec ? Where do you want to get the coordinate from? Are you using a point object or the insertion of the block? Also are you assigning a map know coordinate system to the dwgs and working in decimal units or in architural units like the dwg your sample is in?

Login to Give a bone

The N & E are based off a 0,0 coordinate, such as a fence post, or property line corner. It would be set at 0,0 in the model (which is referenced in at 0,0 as a base point). So if a fence is 100' x 100', then 0,0 would be the south-west corner, and N. 1+00'-0", E. 1+00'-0" would be the north-east corner. Make sense?

I guess that also brings up the question, if the site's 0,0 is set at the NE corner, then is there a way to make the N & E change accordingly to S & W? Or, better put, if N & S, E & W could be used to be assigned according to which quadrant they're in? So that a point which is at (1'-0", -3'-0") would be E. 0+01'-0", S. 0+03'-0".
    Last edited by roberts.matthew.h; 2009-03-23 at 08:29 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

wow.....I think you scared everyone off. Way would you want to do this? Making it so much more difficult then it needs to be.

Login to Give a bone

I guess this topic may have long since died, but I'm trying to revitalize it! I've got some clues using dynamic blocks to get what I want, and I've got some ideas using fields, but so far, I can't get the field to report back to me the coordinate of the point it's transposed over in a viewport. Also, I still don't know how to get the coordinates to report back to me in the format I like...

So, breathing life into this! Sorry for the necrobump.