Thread: Move a group of points

Login to Give a bone

Default Move a group of points

I am on C3D 2009. I have points inserted in c3d via the import points command. I have a group I have made of some certain points I wish to move. LDD did this function very easily. Where is that function in C3D?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Move a group of points

Anyone? Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Move a group of points

How about the move command (the regular Autocad one)?

Unless you are using the survey database, in which case I think you have to modify the point in a different way. I don't use the survey database enough to know the correct way to do it.

Login to Give a bone

I would like to use the same edit commands that are available in LDD. However, the move or rotate etc commands are not anywhere to be found. The regular move command would work if I could determine how to select a group of points to apply the move to. I want to select a predefined group of points. Picking them one by one is out of the question in this case.

Login to Give a bone

You can do the free way and use the point groups by having the _All Points Group not show any marker or label and then move the point group you want to move to the top of the Point Groups order. This way only the point group you want to move will be visable.

Or you can check out the Sincpac http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_H...MovePoints.htm I'm not sure if the move points command is in the free version though.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, the MovePoints command is in the Free Version.

The Free Version also has the SELPTGROUP command, which lets you select points on the screen by Point Group. You can then use the selection set for other commands. For some commands, you may need to first use the SELPTGROUP command to select the points, then run the other command. Then, when prompted to "Select objects", type "P" (for Previous selection set). This way, you can select points by Point Group, and then run almost any command on the points.

Login to Give a bone

So what I am reading is that this C3D is woefully inadequate for basic survey commands and work performed on an every day basis. Is there anyone at AUGI reading this or any moderators that have any knowledge of the 2010 version having these functions restored? Ive used Adesk for the last 14 years and every year the software seems to lack more and more.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eduley View Post
    So what I am reading is that this C3D is woefully inadequate for basic survey commands and work performed on an every day basis. Is there anyone at AUGI reading this or any moderators that have any knowledge of the 2010 version having these functions restored? Ive used Adesk for the last 14 years and every year the software seems to lack more and more.
    I as well have been using autocad for about 15 years now and I would like to give a BIG HUGE AMEN BROTHER!. It's like we share the same brain.

Login to Give a bone

Looking for older version exe file for Civil3D 2009. There is not one available on QUUX site.
    Can anyone help?

THX in advance
    Last edited by sdrewinc432892; 2015-08-31 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo