Thread: ATP 240 - no register button available

Default ATP 240 - no register button available

Can't register for "impression" ATP as there is no registration button displayed (Again!)

Rob

AUGI Addict

Default Re: ATP 240 - no register button available

Quote Originally Posted by rjtams View Post
    Can't register for "impression" ATP as there is no registration button displayed (Again!)

Rob
    Don't worry the class doesn't kick off until May 4th, check back in a week or two and registration will be open.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar

So I'll bump this one since it's now May 5th, a day after the class was to kick off. I'm pretty interested in this one. Hope to see it start soon. Thanks AUGI!

The problems you are experiencing are actually two individual issues.

Issue #1

ATP courses are created in a two part process, the Course scheduling and posting (which I do) and the forum creation. The course not being "open for registration" is because there has been no forum created for the class. I have no way to open the course for registration without those forums. That's also why last months forums are still available when they should have been closed on Monday.

This was the job of the Forum manager and is now the job of the forum admins. Unfortunately, the forum manager never documented the process for creating the ATP course forums or told the Forum admins how to do it. I applaud the Forum admins for trying to figure it out.

I've offered to do it myself, but I'm honestly not sure who would be able to grant me permissions to do so.

Issue #2

Currently, we (the ATP) still haven't received the sponsorship which the BoD have been promising would be "coming soon" since January. Since there are currently no funds available to compensate our instructors, (as we had promised them), we will have to place the ATP on hiatus until sponsorship has been confirmed and past instructors have been compensated.

We can not in good conscience ask instructors to send us the material for their courses when we don't know that they will be compensated for it.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon, I'd hate to see the ATP go away forever, it really is one of AUGI best resources, even if they don't treat it as such.

Issue #1 -
    In February of this year, we set up a new request process in a private forum designed for the ATP team to discuss team business.
    • The ATP Manager or one of the ATP team would place a request for a new ATP Class Forum
    • In the request post, they would copy in the class name, sequence number, catchy title, a short description, and the instructor's forum username.
    • This process provided all the information required by the admins to create the forum, the permission group, and add the instructor as a moderator for the class.
    In short, this process was not followed for the May class. The admins had no request to work, so they never created the necessary forum. They also didn't move the past courses or relinquish any new archive classes. We, the admins, can schedule the movement of classes so we will put this on a calendar and ensure that the archiving process just happens.

The process of documenting the workflow and processes is continuing. Mike Perry did pass on the knowledge of processing the forums. But it was not in document form. I corrected part of that yesterday, by creating a how to document for ATP class creation yesterday, and making it available for the rest of the admins to use.

Issue #2 -

The Board has been correcting the compensation issues that have been ongoing for more than two years. This issue of compensation, NFR, is a recurring one that has raised its ugly head every year that I've been on the board in one form or another. The Board has decided to complete compensation for every instructor who was promised it but not paid. We have been doing that as funds become available.

Unfortunately, Solidvapor did not complete payments to many of these instructors and turned no funds over to the Board when the transition ended. Even though AUGI was "sponsored" for 4 quarters of 2008, the money was apparently all spoken for long before Dec 15th. This meant that the Board had to conduct business and keep the site up and the lights on for the last 6 weeks fo the fiscal year without any funds. Thanks to Autodesk, and other ad sales and sponsorships generated by AUGI we have been able to keep the programs running.

If you have taught a class and were not paid or compensated, please submit your request to the ATP Manager. The ATP Manager should document the lack of compensation and forward that documentation to Chris Lindner for action.

We would welcome any businesses that would like to sponsor ATP classes. If you would like to assist in funding these programs, or know a company that would like to be recognized on every ATP handout, please by all means have them contact our treasurer or any member of the Board of Directors.

Note: We have been in discussions with two different companies about sponsoring ATP classes. Unfortunately, they have not yet committed to the program.

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar

Thanks for the insight guys. Sorry to hear about the frustrations you are dealing with there. Often times we think this thing called AUGI just runs all smooth and happy and we get a little jaded. You guys do such a great job hiding all the turmoil we just assume everything is great. For that you should be commended. Hopefully things work out the way they should.

As for ATP240, so I'm to understand that it is on hold for now until this funding situation is all better, correct? It hasn't been killed, just postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriblTim View Post
    Thanks for the insight guys. Sorry to hear about the frustrations you are dealing with there. Often times we think this thing called AUGI just runs all smooth and happy and we get a little jaded. You guys do such a great job hiding all the turmoil we just assume everything is great. For that you should be commended. Hopefully things work out the way they should.

As for ATP240, so I'm to understand that it is on hold for now until this funding situation is all better, correct? It hasn't been killed, just postponed.
    I'm happy to deal with the frustrations involved in running the program. If someone isn't they shouldn't voluteer. The priority is keeping the program going because so many of our members benefit from it.

I had hoped to run this class this month but due to some very significant personal reasons (it would be improper for me to mention the nature of those issues) the course will be post poned to a later date. It will not be cancelled.

It's also important to point out that we've had some issues with keeping in touch with the instructor as we should have. She might have been able to help more if we had stayed in closer contact.

If anyone wants to place the blame for this months course getting postponed, it should be on the ATP and not the instructor.

Please keep the instructor and her family in your thoughts and prayers.