Thread: SMALL MTEXT PROBLEM

Login to Give a bone

Default SMALL MTEXT PROBLEM

I have inadvertently changed some small setting which is proving to be a pain to figure out. Since I have support with the dealer I called them but they are also stumped. The text box goes into the vertical position. I don't know when or how it got changed but I would like it back in the horizontal. Can you Help?

I am attaching a .JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: SMALL MTEXT PROBLEM

Take a look at your MTEXTED & MTEXTFIXED system variables. If you are set to "internal" and either 0 or 1 it will rotate the Mtext Editor.

The MTEXTED variable will let you choose "Internal" or "External".
    The MTEXTFIXED (0, 1 or 2) variable controls the orientation of the editor if MTEXTED is set to "Internal".

From Help:

If MTEXTED is set to “Internal:”
    0 or 1
    Displays the In-Place Text Editor and the text within it at the size, position, and rotation of the multiline text object in the drawing.
    Displays the In-Place Text Editor and the text within it at the size, position, and rotation of the multiline text object in the drawing.

Text that would otherwise be difficult to read (if it is very small, very large, or is rotated) is displayed at a legible size and is oriented horizontally so that you can easily read and edit it.

If MTEXTED is set to “OldEditor:”
    Displays the Multiline Text Editor and the text within it at the size and position of the multiline text object in the drawing. Text too large or too small to be edited is displayed at a minimum or maximum size. Text that is rotated is displayed horizontally.
    1 or 2
    Displays the Multiline Text Editor at a fixed position and size based on last use, and displays text in the editor at a fixed height. Text that is rotated is displayed horizontally.