Thread: callout reference

Login to Give a bone

Angry callout reference

I'm having trouble of creating an enlarged plan for a room on a power sheet using the callout and use the callout reference for the same room in the telecom sheet. The reference sheet location always pointing to the wrong sheet when I use the reference callout. I am using the MEP 09 version of the software and would like to ask if it is one of the bugs that haven't been fixed. The architects don't seem to have trouble with it.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: callout reference

I haven't experienced this problem with RME 2009. If you create the callout to reference a particular view on a particular sheet, the callout head should list the view number and sheet number of that particular view and sheet you are referencing, and when you click on the callout tag, it should take you to that particular view. Is this not working correctly?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cporter.207875 View Post
    I haven't experienced this problem with RME 2009. If you create the callout to reference a particular view on a particular sheet, the callout head should list the view number and sheet number of that particular view and sheet you are referencing, and when you click on the callout tag, it should take you to that particular view. Is this not working correctly?
    Unfortunately no. Just one callout is ok, but if I use the callout reference, the reference sheet will change to another sheet. It's not a crop boundry issue since it is not near the cut. I got the arch to take a look at it and he doesn't understand why either. I just thought it might be the MEP version bug or something.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I have tried to duplicate the problem on Revit MEP 2009, but it works fine for me. In fact, what you are describing doesn't, quite, make sense. When you select the reference view from the pull down menu, is the sheet number displayed correct in the list, then change after you select it?

Or, for example: "Call-out A" is place on sheet M3.1. "Call-out B" references "Callout A." Is it the callout tag for "A" or for "B" that displays bogus sheet reference, or both?

Login to Give a bone

I have tried to duplicate the problem on Revit MEP 2009, but it works fine for me. In fact, what you are describing doesn't, quite, make sense. When you select the reference view from the pull down menu, is the sheet number displayed correct in the list, then change after you select it?

Or, for example: "Call-out A" is place on sheet M3.1. "Call-out B" references "Callout A." Is it the callout tag for "A" or for "B" that displays bogus sheet reference, or both?
    It does sound confusing isn't. I have a floor plan that is divided into 4 sheets, so 8 total, 4 for power plan (P1, P2, P3, and P4) and 4 comm plan (C1, C2, C3, and C4). An enlarged plan was created from C4 and place it in the enlarged plan sheet E1. I want to create a reference callout on sheet P4 for the same room. However, when I created the reference callout, both C4 and P4 callout will point the reference to page P1 which doesn't make any sense. If I remove page P1, it will point to pave P2.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Still not entirely sure of your set-up, since there are multiple ways to do what you describe. I set-up a project to match your description, the best I can tell, but it doesn't duplicate the error. Check this set-up

Overall Power Plan (floor plan view) with 4 duplicate dependents, each on a sheet by itself, making P1, P2, P3, and P4.

Overall Comm Plan (floor plan view) with 4 duplicate dependents, each on a sheet by itself, making C1, C2, C3, and C4.

Enlarged C4 (callout on C4) placed on sheet E1.
    Enlarged P4 (callout reference: Enlarged C4/Sheet E1)

Login to Give a bone

Still not entirely sure of your set-up, since there are multiple ways to do what you describe. I set-up a project to match your description, the best I can tell, but it doesn't duplicate the error. Check this set-up

Overall Power Plan (floor plan view) with 4 duplicate dependents, each on a sheet by itself, making P1, P2, P3, and P4.

Overall Comm Plan (floor plan view) with 4 duplicate dependents, each on a sheet by itself, making C1, C2, C3, and C4.

Enlarged C4 (callout on C4) placed on sheet E1.
    Enlarged P4 (callout reference: Enlarged C4/Sheet E1)
    Yes, that is exactly how I imagine it suppose to work. However, the callout reference would point to the wrong sheet P1 which has no connection to anything. If I remove sheet P1, it will point to sheet P2. I think there might be some hidden selection that didn't get set up right.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hmm... I have no idea why it isn't working. When you select the call-out reference from the pull down menu on the options bar, you should only be able to select from existing callouts. Existing callouts will display the number of the sheet on which they are placed...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Could someone have modified the callout family? Go down to your family list in the project browser and open the callout head family and make sure the label is pulling in sheet number instead of reference sheet... Only thing I can think of.