Thread: Relocating Models in Navisworks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Relocating Models in Navisworks

Hello all,

I am very new to Navisworks (no training, seen demos, and now have to use it and learn on my own). I understand that you can move models that you opened and appended in Navisworks by using the transform tool. however, how do you find how much you have to move the models? I was using the measuring tool, but I am not sure how to use the information to move the models. I have a site model and a building model. The site model is in the correct location but the building is not landing in the correct spot. I would like to move the building model to the correct location. When I accomplish this, will it remember where it is located so that if I update the model I won't have to reposition it again? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Relocating Models in Navisworks

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen View Post
    Hello all,

I am very new to Navisworks (no training, seen demos, and now have to use it and learn on my own). I understand that you can move models that you opened and appended in Navisworks by using the transform tool. however, how do you find how much you have to move the models? I was using the measuring tool, but I am not sure how to use the information to move the models. I have a site model and a building model. The site model is in the correct location but the building is not landing in the correct spot. I would like to move the building model to the correct location. When I accomplish this, will it remember where it is located so that if I update the model I won't have to reposition it again? any help would be appreciated. thanks!
    If you can measure between 2 points that you know should be common, you only need to click the Transform Objects button located on the Measure Dialog Box, afterwards. You need to have to the misplaced model selected first before doing the transform, but it will move from one end of the line to the other.

Here is a link that explains its in depth. Its for Navisworks v5 I believe, but it is the same in 2009 (not sure on 2010).

http://www.navisworks.de/book_roamer...nsform_objects