Thread: Inventor 2009 Content Center

Login to Give a bone

Question Inventor 2009 Content Center

I'm new to Inventor only been using it a couple of months. I've been tasked with solving a problem with Content Center 2009. When ever we try to insert a custom bolt or nut (only parts with threads) into an assembly we get a "Unable to create component" error. I am wonder if anyone has encountered this error before and if you have, how to fix it without having to remake all of the parts over?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Inventor 2009 Content Center

Have you modified your default templates at all? I have found if you modify your default templates to different names, remove materials from it or otherwise monkey with the defaults, Content Center recipes will not work due to the fact they need these to populate components. If they are the same except for materials that also causes a problem if the materials in CC do not match the target material in the template.

Login to Give a bone

From what I understand the parts where created by modifing then renaming existing bolts or nuts, apparently the parts did work in the 2008 version but when they switched over to Inventor 2009 and tried to update the parts thats when they stopped working.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

In the company I'm working for, a lot of the data was broken after the migration from 2008 to 2009. I would suggest you compare the data from your current content center, with the one from before the migration, if you still have it saved.

I've had a similar problem, and it was due to the original MATERIAL column not being linked to Project.Material so that might be something else to check for.

Good luck.

Login to Give a bone

I must admit that since we changed from 2008 to 2009 we have not been able to access the contents centre. Our IT dept has tried to get it working without success so we are awaiting our reseller to come & fix it for us when we are updating our training.
    I have been using the online Autodesk Manufacturer Supplier Content Centre - poor search but lots of stuff & traceparts online - good search but some suppliers want license money(they don't get our business!) for the downloads