See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: "Out of Disk Space"

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default "Out of Disk Space"

Has anyone had this error message when trying to save a nwf?

I'm using NW 2013 Simulate on a 64b Win7 mobile workstation with 18GB ram and well over 400GB of free space on my drive.
    The nwf I'm saving should only be in the region of 700kB and is referencing 6 design files between 2 to 18MB each, not that I think that has anything to do with it.

I was getting this message every time I tried to save my file. Everything else in NW seemed to be working fine except that I noticed some question marks in place of some reference file names in the selection tree. I took the attached screenshot just before NW crashed.

Looking at the crash message it seems to have something to do with the P6 SDK which is used for linking the to the P6 Database.

disk full.png
    Last edited by payre; 2012-09-25 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added crash message

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Out of Disk Space"

The only thing that comes to mind immediately (aside from the borked graphics) is someting is trying to be saved in a folder with insufficient rights e.g. updating NWC cache, auto-save file.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I'm a little concerned with how you're running 18gb of ram?? Did you mean 16gb?? I run 16gb in my laptop and 24 in my desktop.. Can't be of much help with the whole Timeliner issue as we never have time to develop anything fancy like that. It's all "Clash Reports, we need Clash Reports!!" 24/7 around these parts..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

Login to Give a bone

I don't know if this helps, but in Navisworks 2013 there is a bug that causes serious performance issues when using Timeliner. This is fixed in SP1 and if you haven't installed SP1 yet, I highly recommend it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

dgorsman - nope all files on my local drive
    Paul - um.. yes.. 16gb.. lets call it a typo
    bwilliams - I had SP1 installed but received an email from Autodesk letting me know about SP2. I haven't been using the timeliner function greatly since installing SP2 but haven't had the issue again. I post again if it comes back.

Login to Give a bone

so this thread is a decade old and there are no answers. I believe this constitutes a gap in the settings controls and visibility in Navisworks on the temporary file storage locations which prevents us from pushing these temporary activities to secondary drives where there is much more space. AutoDesk seems to have taken a shortcut to hardwiring some of these settings in the interest of easier coding rather than take into account that more of us are working on workstation level laptops that are packed tight with an SSD primary drive with just enough space for the OS and application suites while file storage is in the cloud, on servers or on secondary drives.
    The temporary files generated by the applications we use - Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Recap, etc grab a ton of space and are very hard on the system SSD drives. Without the ability to push this files to another drive, we are forced to put more load on our primary components; hence, more potential for errors and failues.
    This needs to be addressed.

Login to Give a bone

I don't use Navisworks, so I can't tell you if there exists a solution, but nobody here can address your issue. Navisworks doesn't have an Ideas forum like other products, so I would create a support ticket and submit it as a bug. This would get it in their system so that someone can evaluate it for submission to the product's management team.
    C:> ED WORKING....