Thread: Multi Panel Sliding Glass Door

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Multi Panel Sliding Glass Door

Multi panel sliding glass doors are fairly common in new high end residential construction. Autocad Architecture only has 2 and 3 panel. Is there a way to create a 4 panel door?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multi Panel Sliding Glass Door

Since the doors start with a style, you can usually modify the style or duplicate it and create your own style. What style are you referring to?
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, you can create a 4-panel sliding glass door in AutoCAD Architecture, even though it only includes 2 and 3-panel options by default. To do this, you need to customize the door style. Here's how:

Open the Door Style Manager: Go to the 'Manage' tab, then 'Style Manager.'
    Create a New Door Style: Right-click on 'Door Styles,' select 'New,' and name your new style.
    Modify the Door Style: In the new door style, go to the 'Design Rules' tab, then 'Dimensions.' Adjust the 'Number of Panels' to 4.
    Set Panel Dimensions: Specify the height, width, and other relevant dimensions for each panel to fit your design.
    Save and Apply: Save your new door style and apply it to your drawing.
    This way, you can accurately represent 4-panel sliding glass doors in your high-end residential construction projects.
    Last edited by CAtDiva; 2024-07-05 at 03:20 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Why does nothing you write align with ACA2020? I have not heard of any changes to these tools?

Quote Originally Posted by sophialuna9895814518 View Post
    "Yes, you can create a 4-panel sliding glass door in AutoCAD Architecture, even though it only includes 2 and 3-panel options by default. To do this, you need to customize the door style. Here's how:"

"Open the Door Style Manager:" What/where is this door style manager? "Manage tab"? Are you using Revit terminology by chance? I can edit a current door, copy to new style, I can open the Style Manager and search down to Door styles and right click "new" and name it.

"Go to the 'Manage' tab, then 'Style Manager. " For ACA2020 there is
    "Create a New Door Style: Right-click on 'Door Styles,' select 'New,' and name your new style."
    "Modify the Door Style: In the new door style, go to the 'Design Rules' tab, then 'Dimensions.' Adjust the 'Number of Panels' to 4."
    --------Design Rules and Dimensions tabs are two separate tabs, Dimension tab is not under Design Rules?? There is no option for Number of Panels. Has this been added in 2024?

"Set Panel Dimensions: Specify the height, width, and other relevant dimensions for each panel to fit your design. (This does not exist in ACA2020, have they really finally improved these tools? No mention in beta).
    "Save and Apply: Save your new door style and apply it to your drawing.
    "This way, you can accurately represent 4-panel sliding glass doors in your high-end residential construction projects.
    "

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I created it using a Door/Window Assembly.
    These items are made by window manufacturers here anyway. I use a window for a standard aluminium slider Fixed door.

For 3 and 4 panel, I have used a DWA. This description is a 4 panel.
    I create a custom style and set it to 2 cells under the Design Rules.
    I then add a 'Sliding door insert' window style as a potential infill. Infill Named 'Slider'.
    (this is a separately created window style named 'SlidingDoorInsert' with the outside frame width set to 0 so you only see the panel frames)
    Under Primary Grid under cell assignments I've set the default cell as Slider.
    Mullion is set to 0 width and depth so it won't be seen.
    All saved as a style and dragged to a pallete as a standard tool.

On insertion, it inserts a DWA with no visible divisions, one big opening but if I display cells it will show 2.
    It shows a slider (window style) in each cell and I have to flip one, to push the fixed end to outside and sliding section to the centre.
    Obviously I have the slider window style to display open as is our local custom so it's clearly an opening you can walk thru in plan view.
    It shows two fixed panels to outside, and 2 sliders half open in centre.

For a 3 panel, I have the DWA to 3 panels. I have to merge two cells and insert a Slider. so of the two outside fixed panels, one is part of the DWA and one is part of the Slider insert.

DWA's are a mystery but I know enough to get this job done.
    I also use them for stacker door (using a door style as for 3 panel sliding x 2 for 6 doors total).
    And concertina doors, having created premade models of several stacked doors and using them as inserts into the DWA.