Thread: Rendering Issue

Login to Give a bone

Default Rendering Issue

This has never happened before. I've tried it on my machine, and on a virtual machine on my network. Same result.

I'm trying to do a high resolution renderings. Everything looks like it should, up until the final few minutes. Then this is what I get as a result (see attached).

Low res rendering works like it should. I'm doing this for a 4'x8' sign, so it needs to have as much DPI as I can get.

Any ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rendering Issue

Okay, I got one to render at 2500x1874. Trying another one now.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Dan,
    I don't know how much horsepower you're running this days, but it would seem to me that something ran out of memory.
    Have you tried to do a little smaller size at a higher dpi and then use Adobe to re-size the image and jack up the file size when you do that? I've gotten some decent results doing this in the past. Just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david_peterson View Post
    Hi Dan,
    I don't know how much horsepower you're running this days, but it would seem to me that something ran out of memory.
    Have you tried to do a little smaller size at a higher dpi and then use Adobe to re-size the image and jack up the file size when you do that? I've gotten some decent results doing this in the past. Just a thought.
    David ! What's up man??

I'm running 8g on win 64 now. Some pentium core 2 duo chip, can't remember which. Should be plenty of power for a simple rendering.

I actually realized that no matter what the pixel size is, it's always 96 dpi. I learned on Viz way back when, and I would set up my rendering by multiplying my page size (inches) by the dpi I wanted. I realized you don't do that in ACA anymore. lol

But yeah, rendered it and bumped up the dpi in Photoshop. Works great.

FWIW, my reseller told me that when a rendering finishes like the pic above, it's actually an error message of some sort. He's trying to figure it out.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I would say definetely a memory issue. Get it all the time in 32bit land but it's dissappointing that it's still so restricting in 64bit with so much RAM. It would be good if they left the ribbon now and spent some time on optimising how it uses memory and resolve this issue that so many have problems with.

Login to Give a bone

This is a known bug with 2010 and 2011. At high res you will always have that outcome, regardless of RAM, processor speed, overheating or any such other possible causes some have put forward. I raised this issue with Adesk 6 months ago and they advised they could replicate the problem at their end (that's Adesk speak for, 'yeah, it's a bug').

This has not been fixed in the 1st service patch.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jdmc View Post
    This is a known bug with 2010 and 2011. At high res you will always have that outcome, regardless of RAM, processor speed, overheating or any such other possible causes some have put forward. I raised this issue with Adesk 6 months ago and they advised they could replicate the problem at their end (that's Adesk speak for, 'yeah, it's a bug').

This has not been fixed in the 1st service patch.
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.