See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Room Not Visible

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: One Room Not Visible

Quote Originally Posted by wcaramella View Post
    I have a rouge room. The project is a 6 story open office building with two vertical circulation cores and a utility/ restroom core. the rest of the floor plate is open office. All rooms show in their appropriate plans if I turn on interior fill in VG, except the 6th floor open office room and tag. (all the other rooms on this floor are visible). I have deleted the room from the schedule and replaced it, still not visible in plan. I have checked worksets, phasing, design options, hidden elements, plan regions, etc. I have cut a section through the space and, behold, the room is visible in section. It schedules just fine, but i would like to know why I can't seem to find it in plan.

Any thoughts?

WC
    I know this is an old thread, but I just had this happen to a user in 2015. Checked everything that was legit, and the room would not show up. I finally found that there was a "rogue" room separation line in the middle of the room. It didn't intersect anything, but when it was deleted, the room reappeared in plan.

Login to Give a bone

We have Coordination Views set up in our template that we call Room Separation Views.
    Pretty much the only things visible are Walls, Columns, Doors and Windows. And Rooms.
    Rooms have the Room Color Fill (the blue one) and Room Reference turned on
    Room Separation Lines are a big fat pink.

Make it really easy to find those Not Enclosed and Duplicate Rooms, and also clean up the extraneous Room Separation lines.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

As a suggestion, sometimes what I do is grab everything in the screen after making sure its all turned on in VG settings. Filter out what I think the problem is, like room separation lines. Hit delete, check it again to see if it appears. If it does, I know that was it and I hit under and fine tune my selection box.

If it doesn't then:
    Design Options
    Worksets
    Cut plane and the height of the room
    Plan regions
    Ask someone else if they deleted it or did something to it.

Login to Give a bone

Had same problem and after searching all options and view I found out we had some tricky Phases and Phase Filters newly added to the model. I had to copy paste rooms from one phase to another in order to have all of them showing at once on a plan.

Login to Give a bone

we've also had problems where a partition's base offset was set to 2" or so above the level (for a slab topping, etc.) but the room was modeled at the base slab level, not the level of the topping slab. THis caused the rooms to not be bound and also caused problems when our consultants tried to place spaces matching our rooms.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks everyone for revisiting this topic and for all the suggestions. I unfortunately haven't been able to find a solution to my problem, even though I tried all the ideas suggested thus far in this thread. I'm haven't been using Revit very long, so it is quite possible that I've missed something along the way. Are there any other ideas that people may have? I have attached the file that I'm working in and I'm looking currently in the basement. The room should be numbered 007. The room has already been placed and tagged, but I can't see it. Any ideas or suggestions would be marvelous. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Looks like Revit is getting confused about the spot where the 2 foot wall and the 3 foot wall join at the "top" of Room 007.
    I added a short Room Separation Line at the "butt" end of the thicker wall and that made the room show up.
    Tried a bunch of other things, but nothing else worked.
    You'll get a Warning about the line and the wall overlapping, but you'll just have to ignore that.

Login to Give a bone

I just started working on this model again today, so that was great timing. Thanks for your help!

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: One Room Not Visible

Quote Originally Posted by nancy.mcclure View Post
    This is an old thread, but since it didn't provide a resolution, I thought I'd add to it. We had a 'rogue' room that wouldn't be seen in only ONE view - after checking all the usual suspects: hidden by element, workset assignment, filters - and verifying that it was correctly adjusted in section, we tracked it down to a PLAN REGION that had been placed in that view, slightly overlapping into the room element. That overlap was enough to trigger the entire room as 'out of view range'. Adjusting the plan region brought visibility back.
    I HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH ROOMS VISIBLE IN SECTION BUT NOT IN PLANS.

I CHECKED....
    • WORKSETS
    • PHASE
    • ROOMS TICKED IN VIEW TEMPLATE (VT)
    • VIEW RANGE
    • HIDDEN IN VIEW (LIGHT BULB)
    • OVERRIDES
    • PLAN REGIONS
    • FILTERS
    • MAKE NEW PLAN (NO VT) AND CHECK IF IT'S VISIBLE THERE
    • OBSCURED BY ANOTHER ELEMENT (EG. MASS OR FLOOR)
    • DESIGN OPTIONS

AND YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT IT WAS....
    TWO ROOM SEPERATION LINES WERE IN THE SAME PLACE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. I DELETED ONE, AS I WAS TIDYING THE MODEL AND THE ROOM APPEARED IN THE PLAN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS WORKS, BUT IT DID.

I HOPE THIS HELPS! I WAS READY TO THROW MY COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW, AS SUGGESTED ABOVE.

Login to Give a bone

This thread is an oldie but a goodie.

Someone in our office recently had a similar problem. Their project had a room which showed up in section, was correctly dimension'd and extended vertically; no workset or design option issues; not obscured by floating model elements; not hidden in any intentional way; no graphic overrides; no rogue filters; no rogue plan regions. Everything was correct but the room just would not show up in plan. The room tag tool would correctly recognize the room when hovered over, but trying to place the tag would give a 'None of the created elements are visible in view' error. Other adjacent rooms which were identical in every way that mattered did display correctly. Everyone was stumped.

What eventually got it to show up was using room separation lines to draw a box around the room in plan, placed a couple of feet inside of the walls which enclosed the room. For whatever reason, that got it to appear (along with the six or seven room tags which had been hopelessly placed on the previously invisible room).

Some further poking and prodding showed that I could delete three of the four new room separation lines without causing the room to disappear again. Deleting the fourth DID cause the room to disappear. I aligned this remaining line to the face of the enclosing wall and left it at that.

Worth noting that the adjacent wall was/ is set to be room bounding, so that wasn't the issue. Also - very odd - making any edits to the room separation lines which effect this room caused a 'Room computations only succeeded without considering the following elements' error which highlights a column on the other side of the model, a column far from the room in question. Total mystery, that one. So, problem solved, if not entirely grasped.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast