Thread: Checking for Cheaters

Login to Give a bone

Default Checking for Cheaters

Is there already a program written that would place the handle of an item clicked on, on a new non-plotting layer (like Viewports)? I'd like to open all my students files, click on the largest circle, say, and the handle for that circle is placed a hair to the right of where I just clicked, in text height I can easily see, on the new non-plotting layer. I'd then toggle among all the open drawings searching for the duplicated handle text. That is, if the first drawing has handle "A8" for the circle, I'd <Ctrl><Tab> through all the drawings quickly searching for that handle repeated on another drawing for the same circle. If I return (cycle around) to the drawing I began with, then I'd know that nobody shared the file (copied the file and simply changed the name). I'd then close the file, note the handle on the NEXT drawing, and toggle among the drawings searching for that handle to be repeated.

Anybody got any better idears for checking to see if one drawing has been copied and the name changed?

Maybe a similar program could place the "TDCREATE" system variable. That's another "inspection" that should be unique to all student drawings.

Is there some way to click on TWO objects, and learn the time difference between those two items? This might require adding another "column" to the object database of the drawing. That is, between this circle and that circle, the student spent 5 minutes and 32.1234 seconds." That way, even if they change the handles (not hard to do, really), the "age" of each item would still expose the cheating students.

I'm hoping to develop these ideas into an AU class for AutoCAD instructors. I'd like to teach instructors how to grade drawing files quickly on the computer (like by inserting thier OWN drawing directly over the student's), and how to check for cheaters. Another topic might be how to standardize all the computer settings, with a script file, reset the vanilla profile, write protect the editable files, etc.

-Paul
    Newport News, VA 23602-7007

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Checking for Cheaters

Hi Paul !

If there is 20 students, one of them is a cheater but You do not know who,
    and there is 19 not cheated files, but one of the files is copied, or let say 12 cheaters and 4 different copies, it must be hard to be fair.

I believe that the main-key is TDCREATE to find student belonging to the same file
    but if there is 6 students to the same file who is the owner?

Maybe a reactor that add the username to a specific object/layers xdata ( if the username not already exist )
    and then afterwords browse the xdata to find the username, the owner.

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Checking for Cheaters

If You do insert / copy and paste, and then explode. The handles is no more the same : (
    an exploded copy is a new owner.

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet
    Last edited by kennet.sjoberg; 2005-04-06 at 09:35 PM.