Thread: AutoDesk Developer Network membership with AUGI Professional

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoDesk Developer Network membership with AUGI Professional

I apologize for posting this here. I have looked all over AUGI and just cant find the info. I just upgraded to Premier membership. Included with that membership is an Autodesk Developer Network membership. Awesome! I just can't figure out how to set up the ADN membership. I know a few people in this forum are Premier members as well as ADN members. That is why I posted here. So, can someone point me in the right direction? TIA.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoDesk Developer Network membership with AUGI Professional

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaff View Post
    I apologize for posting this here. I have looked all over AUGI and just cant find the info. I just upgraded to Premier membership. Included with that membership is an Autodesk Developer Network membership. Awesome! I just can't figure out how to set up the ADN membership. I know a few people in this forum are Premier members as well as ADN members. That is why I posted here. So, can someone point me in the right direction? TIA.
    Firstly, I'm glad to hear you're interested in joining ADN!

Can you provide a link to where you saw the ADN Membership benefit for Premier Membership, as I've not seen that?

Unless something has changed, and it may well have and I'm simply unaware of it, a Professional Membership is needed to take advantage of the FREE ADN Membership benefit.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

My apologies. I actually upgraded to Professional member. Thanks for the link.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Borgster View Post
    My apologies. I actually upgraded to Professional member. Thanks for the link.
    No worries; you're very welcome.

Having gone through this myself, I can only suggest that you double check your information *before* submitting it to ADN, as it can be somewhat of an ordeal to change after-the-fact.

As example:

I mistakenly completed my form with my employer information (because that's what it asked for) and my ADN membership came back as being registered to my employer at the time, instead of me personally (total noob mistake on my part). ADN helped me to correct this over the following days/weeks, and haven't needed anything else since, but avoid it if you can.

Now, if your employer has paid for your membership, perhaps they do technically (legally?) own the ADN benefit as well - you'll have to discuss that with them, if applicable.

Once you're setup, be prepared to have the resources available to actually use the software you download for testing and development purposes.

What I mean is, you'll end up downloading one or more apps, and likely multiple versions of said apps, which take up drive space quickly. You'll need available storage capacity for that, as well as a means by which to install and test the software quickly, without having to dedicate a single physical machine for each.

If you're on Win8.1 Pro/Enterprise, consider enabling Client Hyper-V - it's built-into Win8.1, and requires no 3rd party software like VMWare, etc. to deploy, manage, and consume virtual machines locally off of your hard drive, or anywhere within your office's domain, etc. This is the same technology that Windows Server uses to manage office environments, and is really easy to use.

If you need any help with something I've mentioned here, please let me know.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000