See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elevation Marker

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Elevation Marker

Does anybody know how to get rid of the little reference marker that is associated with the elevation symbol.
    I have also tried to make a new elevation tag, but i cant find an elevation template to begin with.

Any suggestions?

All AUGI, all the time Justin Marchiel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Elevation Marker

sorry which part of the elevation symbol dont you want?

to access the tag settings go to setting->view tags-> elevations. this is the only location you can change the elevation symbol. there is no way to make the symbol custom at this point (other then the options that are presented).

Justin

All AUGI, all the time kathy71046's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

if you find the marker in the project browser, you can enter edit from there and save as a new name, then reload.
    Kathy Taylor
    Senior Structural Draftsperson & Proprietor
    TaylorCAD
    www.taylorcad.com.au

I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy it!
    Revit User Phase 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 5, 4.....

Login to Give a bone

@ Andrew: Do you mean the Level marker? If so, you want the "Level Head" template.

If not, you might need to post an image of what you're referring to.

Login to Give a bone

Elevation Markers are not editable beyond what you can find in the Settings-->View Tags-->Elevation Tags

A workaround is to create and section tag to your own like and use that for your elevations (stretching the tail to hide it).

2nd Q - no way to change the tick or yes/no to a check box (sometimes called radio button)

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by matthewp.166752 View Post
    Elevation Markers are not editable beyond what you can find in the Settings-->View Tags-->Elevation Tags

A workaround is to create and section tag to your own like and use that for your elevations (stretching the tail to hide it).

2nd Q - no way to change the tick or yes/no to a check box (sometimes called radio button)

thanks for the workaround, I'll have to try that. That one tag is the ugliest thing ever. Using a Section tag should help a lot.

Hopefully one day Autodesk will allow us to customize those kind of tags. We modified all of our standard symbols in AutoCAD to look stylized with our logo. Revit is a hard sell to my bosses when I can't make Revit drawings look as nice as our AutoCAD drawings. For them the look of our drawings on output is a very high priority and arguing the benefits of Revit is tougher when they learn they are sacrificing their style for it.

Login to Give a bone

While I completely understand and appreciate your perspective and how hard it is to sell a product that cannot match your company standards, it is important to note that the symbols in Revit are based on National CAD Standards, so while not graphically 'stylistic' or unique, ADSK has intentionally made them follow this standard in order to be more universally acceptable.

[Edit: <gulp> yes, I've sat in front of managers and said that verbatim and watched eyes roll and man, I've squirmed in my seat a lot defending that statement... as true as it is, it ain't well received!]

-LC
    Last edited by echo; 2008-08-22 at 09:26 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    While I completely understand and appreciate your perspective and how hard it is to sell a product that cannot match your company standards, it is important to note that the symbols in Revit are based on National CAD Standards, so while not graphically 'stylistic' or unique, ADSK has intentionally made them follow this standard in order to be more universally acceptable.

[Edit: <gulp> yes, I've sat in front of managers and said that verbatim and watched eyes roll and man, I've squirmed in my seat a lot defending that statement... as true as it is, it ain't well received!]

-LC
    Really that ugly thing is part of the NCS? I've never seen that symbol in use before.

NCS or not, Autodesk should be supporting local standards before cramming National standards down our throats. I'm surprised this issue wasn't on the top of the wishlist submission.

Login to Give a bone

Someone please correct me if I am wrong about NCS here, I know there are a few other threads where others have bemoaned the elevation markers, etc. where this is discussed...

Like here:
    http://www.forums.augi.com/showthrea...symbols&page=7

& It has been submitted to the wish lists, I am sure more than once. Check the date on this: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=9396
    Last edited by echo; 2008-08-22 at 11:38 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sgoodmansen View Post
    Autodesk should be supporting local standards
    When you say "local," what do you mean?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast