Thread: Decimal / Architectural units - switch these units back and forth for viewport...

Login to Give a bone

Default Decimal / Architectural units - switch these units back and forth for viewport...

Working in paper space, when selecting a viewport and clicking on the properties dialog box, it will show you different scales to choose from, (either in Arch. scales or Decimal scales) to change the scale of the viewport. Is there any way to switch these units back and forth for viewport scaling? Using the Units command does not seem to work for this.
    Thanks in advance
    Gary

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decimal / Architectural units - switch these units back and forth for viewport...

Quote Originally Posted by GLWARNER
    Working in paper space, when selecting a viewport and clicking on the properties dialog box, it will show you different scales to choose from, (either in Arch. scales or Decimal scales) to change the scale of the viewport. Is there any way to switch these units back and forth for viewport scaling? Using the Units command does not seem to work for this.
    Thanks in advance
    Gary
    the scale list is not linked to the units variable, it's linked to your
    Options-User Preferences-Edit Scale List button, which is found lower right of the dialog box.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decimal / Architectural units - switch these units back and forth for viewport...

If you have MAP or higher vertical, AECDWGSCALESETUP will get you there as well.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N View Post
    the scale list is not linked to the units variable, it's linked to your
    Options-User Preferences-Edit Scale List button, which is found lower right of the dialog box.
    That is pretty clear. I think what the OP is asking is how to change that list (the one that populates the dialog when you press "Reset") from scales like 1"=50' to 1:50 to 1/16"=1'-0", etc.

As Scott mentioned, the AECDWGSCALESETUP command will do it, but what about in vanilla AutoCAD?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    That is pretty clear. I think what the OP is asking is how to change that list (the one that populates the dialog when you press "Reset") from scales like 1"=50' to 1:50 to 1/16"=1'-0", etc.

As Scott mentioned, the AECDWGSCALESETUP command will do it, but what about in vanilla AutoCAD?
    yeah, all i've ever had is 'vanilla' CAD
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum