Hi Everyone,

I know how view cross referencing is supposed to work in Revit but I have come across a really weird situation.

(Using Revit 2019.2.2)

I have a bunch of Floor Plan Callouts, I can see the actual callouts in the plan view that they were created in... all good so far.

When these callout views get placed onto a sheet the back reference that appears in the bubble is pointing to a sheet that has only got section views on it??? So, that is the first issue... why are they referencing views that are not even the same type (original = Plan view and reference = Section view). Also, the callouts are Plan View Callouts which means they should only be visible in the parent view (where they were created), right?

Anyway, I then go to the referencing section view and hide all callouts in that view, I have tried hiding them in Visibility Graphics, using filters and by selecting all elements in view and hiding them that way.

But the back reference still remains??!!??

Only if I remove the section view from it's sheet does the back reference update on my callout sheet??

So, that means that the callouts are still somehow visible in the section view and I have tried everything to try and hide them there but to no avail. there is no phasing on the project, so that can't be it. I have also tried to recreate the section view but the new section behaves exactly the same as the old one.

Does anyone have any suggestions so that I can hide these little buggers in the section view?

Thanks