See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD 2011 Sheet Set Manager defaults fields to previous sheet set

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2011 Sheet Set Manager defaults fields to previous sheet set

I am new to sheet sets and have followed Sheets Happen! I have set a up a sheet set template DST file. I have set up multiple dwt files and have assigned custom properties to the blocks and using a separate title block that is being X-ref'd. My issue is when creating a new sheet set (from my template DST file) for new/existing clients the custom properties retains fields from the template sheet set. Also when I edit the block attributes to update the fields to reflect the correct sheet set the field still does not update. I have to use the enhanced attribute editor to get the field to update. I did follow sheets happen on this part, by making sure I added the fields using the text editor and filling the default text line. I have attached a snapshot showing both sheet sets being referenced.

I have also tried deleting and purging the block information and then reinserting it. This provides another mystery; I still have to update the fields to reflect the correct sheet set. As I'm doing this I can see the fields update with the proper text from the custom properties. Upon exiting the block editor the attributes still show the default information and not the custom properties text.

One other thing I want to mention. I have tried both ways to start a new sheet set. Using the "An example sheet set" option will copy over the custom properties I saved in the template sheet set. By using the "Existing drawings" option, this will not copy over any custom properties.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Please let me know if you need more information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patrick.austin717477; 2016-01-05 at 02:34 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2011 Sheet Set Manager defaults fields to previous sheet set

I'm not a SSM expert, but did you try "regenall" after you updated the fields?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2011 Sheet Set Manager defaults fields to previous sheet set

When you use the SHEETSET field name, you are required to select a specific Sheet Set. I believe you are wanting to use the CurrentSheetSetCustom field name, and then specify the custom property. If the property is not part of the Current or Active Sheet Set, then it will not be listed in the drop down shown at the bottom of the middle column.

Naturally, if the custom property is specific to the sheet, then you would use the CurrentSheetCustom field name with the appropriate name selected in the same drop down box.

This drop down box does accept property names not added to the sheet set.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    When you use the SHEETSET field name, you are required to select a specific Sheet Set. I believe you are wanting to use the CurrentSheetSetCustom field name, and then specify the custom property. If the property is not part of the Current or Active Sheet Set, then it will not be listed in the drop down shown at the bottom of the middle column.

Naturally, if the custom property is specific to the sheet, then you would use the CurrentSheetCustom field name with the appropriate name selected in the same drop down box.

1+... Spot on.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post

So instead of going the SS properties and creating custom properties there... I should use the field text and select either CurrentSheetSetCustom or CurrentSheetCustom and type in the required field name in the drop down custom property name? Otherwise I'm not sure how to get the custom field property drop down to populate. Because adding custom properties in the property menu will not populate these field category. The only category poplated is SheetSet.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.austin717477 View Post
    So instead of going the SS properties and creating custom properties there... I should use the field text and select either CurrentSheetSetCustom or CurrentSheetCustom and type in the required field name in the drop down custom property name? Otherwise I'm not sure how to get the custom field property drop down to populate. Because adding custom properties in the property menu will not populate these field category. The only category poplated is SheetSet.
    You add custom sheet or sheet set properties per project and then link them by selecting "currentsheetcustom" or currentsheetsetcustom" fields, you are select them from the pull-downs there.
    Does that help?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    You add custom sheet or sheet set properties per project and then link them by selecting "currentsheetcustom" or currentsheetsetcustom" fields, you are select them from the pull-downs there.
    Does that help?
    I would like to say it did. I do have custom properties where indicated but they just don't show up where they should.

When selecting CurrentSheetSetCustom the location for the sheet set name is filled with pound signs. Shouldn't the sheet set name be there?

I have attached more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

The only time I've seen custom properties not show up like this, is when the active sheet was not associated with the desired sheet set... the screenshot in your OP would suggest that is not the case (though we cannot be certain, given the image).

Can you post a sample drawing, and sheet set for us to test?

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrick007 View Post
    I would like to say it did. I do have custom properties where indicated but they just don't show up where they should.

When selecting CurrentSheetSetCustom the location for the sheet set name is filled with pound signs. Shouldn't the sheet set name be there?

I have attached more...
    Well that looks right.
    You are making sure the Sheets are looking at the correct .DST file right?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    The only time I've seen custom properties not show up like this, is when the active sheet was not associated with the desired sheet set... the screenshot in your OP would suggest that is not the case (though we cannot be certain, given the image).

Can you post a sample drawing, and sheet set for us to test?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Well that looks right.
    You are making sure the Sheets are looking at the correct .DST file right?
    I have verified the properties are pointing to the correct DST file.

I have attached the template DST and a test job in a zip. The test job DST was created from the template DST. There are multiple sheets to the template DST but I only provided one.

The template DST was created from the New Sheet Set DST from within AutoCAD!

Thanks for you help!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hatrick007; 2016-01-05 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast