Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

Login to Give a bone

Cool Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

I had express tools loaded and working in 2004 Architectural Desktop. When my network manager loaded a menu file to get me the CAD Manager pull-down added to my toolbar, my desktop settings were changed and I lost all the toolbars and buttons from the desktop. I rebuilt my desktop but now the Express menu group will not load upon startup and I don't have access to the Express tool buttons. I can load acetmain.mnu using the menuload command and the Express menu group shows up in the customization window and the buttons will then appear on my desktop, but Autocad insists that the express commands are all unknown.

I have all (6) acetmain.* files in folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\R16.0\enu\Support. I had to relocate these files for Desktop 2000 to get Express tools before.

Any ideas how I can get the express tools back into Desktop 2004? I miss the layer freeze and layer off tool buttons tremendously when using xref overlays!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike, I'm never really sure where to post my threads.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

Hi

No worries...

Is the directory / folder that stores all of the Express Tools commands ( routines ) somewhere in your Support Search Path ?

Just checking here...

You do realise AutoCAD 2004 and Autodesk products based on that version, all ship with the Express Tools on the installation disc... though it is a separate install from the disc.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I compared my search paths with other computers in the office that have the express tools and the pathnames are all the same. The directories are all listed, and the files as well. It was when we loaded the ADTCad manager.mnc, the desktop toolbars disappeared, and I had to rebuild the desktop tools.

Login to Give a bone

Express tools were loaded initially with ADT 2004 installation. We loaded again after I lost my desktop settings.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bowes
    I compared my search paths with other computers in the office that have the express tools and the pathnames are all the same. The directories are all listed, and the files as well. It was when we loaded the ADTCad manager.mnc, the desktop toolbars disappeared, and I had to rebuild the desktop tools.
    Hi

Pass, as I do not use ADT.

But, have you tried to install the Express Tools from the ADT installation disc ?

If no, it might be worth a try.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I loaded the express tools direct from the installation disk after losing desktop when loading ADT Cad Manager.mnc I'm stumped because all the file info and location appears to be specified correctly, yet program can't access it.

Login to Give a bone

It turns out that I did not have the Express folder in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\
    When I copied the folder to that location, I got the functionality of express tools back, but the icons on the buttons of the toolbar are clouds with question marks on them. I guess I still need to copy all the bitmap definitions of the tool buttons to the express folder. I'm curious how the express folder got removed from the proper location in the first place! We're getting somewhere!

Bowes

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Getting Express Tools to work in ADT 2004

Hi Bowes

Thanks for posting back the solution that worked for your particular situation. I am sure others will benefit some such information in the future.

Good luck with the "clouds"... yes the icon bitmaps also need to be in the Support Search Path.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast