See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Command Line Box - Missing

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Command Line Box - Missing

I have somehow lost my comand line box. I was working away very fast as you do and I accidently dragged my cammand line box into the task bar. 've hovered over the task bar incase I can move it but there's nothing there. How can I get my command line box?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Command Line Box - Missing

Please note I've moved this thread from the CAD Management forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bob-kalsi
    I have somehow lost my comand line box. I was working away very fast as you do and I accidently dragged my cammand line box into the task bar. 've hovered over the task bar incase I can move it but there's nothing there. How can I get my command line box?
    Do I understand that you moved it off the screen? If this is the case, the simple solution is to change the screen resolution of your monitor.

Right Click on the Desktop
    Go to Properties
    Settings
    Likely you'll see something that says Screen Area. Make the numbers larger.. this will make everything smaller on your screen after a refresh. If you simply pulled the bar off the screen you should now see it.

Move it back. Change your resolution back.

Login to Give a bone

If the AutoCAD command line disappears from the display area, try these steps to get it back: Type a command while you simultaneously press ALT-SPACE. A small pop-up menu should appear on the screen somewhere. Press the letter M and repeatedly press the keyboard arrow key in the direction opposite to the side of the screen the pop-up menu appeared. Move the Windows Taskbar to the top of the screen, the command line prompt could be hiding behind it if it's not set to AutoHide the taskbar. Increase your screens resolution, the command line may have moved out of your viewing area. This often happens to menus as well.

Login to Give a bone

I have a VB program that will fix this problem if you continue to be stuck, but have you tried setting the Taskbar to "Auto hide" temporarily? That way it will retract if you move the cursor down there and you can grab stuff that would normally be hidden behind it. To do this, right-click on the Taskbar, choose "Properties", and then check "Auto hide".

My program (there are two, depending on which version of AutoCAD you have) goes in and actually resets the command line box's position.

That Alt-Space trick sounds interesting. Thanks for the idea.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you all for the suggestions....none of them worked. I've sorted it out now. What I did was, right click on the task bar, unlock it, then move it to the side. After it was moved, there it was. Moved it in the middle of the screen. Moved the task bar back to it's original place, locked it and then put the command line box back to where it was.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Thank you all for the suggestions....none of them worked. I've sorted it out now. What I did was, right click on the task bar, unlock it, then move it to the side. After it was moved, there it was. Moved it in the middle of the screen. Moved the task bar back to it's original place, locked it and then put the command line box back to where it was.
    You cannot imagine how much time I wasted searching for the command line...and there it was! Under the Windows taskbar! Thanks a million!!!!!