Thread: Multiple Plot/Page setups

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple Plot/Page setups

This one is pretty basic but it surprised me because I didn't notice it until now, after 5 years of using CAD. It is a real time saver when plotting multiple parts of the same drawing more than once:

In the upper right corner of the Page Setup or Plot dialog box there is a "Page setup name" tab where you can select one of a number of named plotting configurations. To create a new one, simply click on the Add button and continue as normal setting up your page or plot job.

Your new setup will be automatically saved and will be available from now on every time you open the drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple Plot/Page setups

To carry on from that - are you aware that, after picking the "add" button, you can click the "import" button and bring in a setup from another drawing?

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Multiple Plot/Page setups

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    To carry on from that - are you aware that, after picking the "add" button, you can click the "import" button and bring in a setup from another drawing?
    Nope, didn't know that either. Thanks!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Now open your template drawings and import the created page setups so they are available in all new drawings without having to import after starting a project!

This has saved us the most time - until we found the one computer (mine ) that has a different name for a printer and it wont accept the page setup.

Use these page setups with Publish... and you can save even more time. You can import page setups in Publish..., too. Be sure to have background printing enabled in Options.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Matt777 View Post
    This one is pretty basic but it surprised me because I didn't notice it until now, after 5 years of using CAD. It is a real time saver when plotting multiple parts of the same drawing more than once:

In the upper right corner of the Page Setup or Plot dialog box there is a "Page setup name" tab where you can select one of a number of named plotting configurations. To create a new one, simply click on the Add button and continue as normal setting up your page or plot job.

Your new setup will be automatically saved and will be available from now on every time you open the drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by NEaton View Post
    This has saved us the most time - until we found the one computer (mine ) that has a different name for a printer and it wont accept the page setup.
    Nancy
    If all of your printers/plotters are on a sever that everyone can access, in AutoCAD, right click in command line, go to 'Options' - 'File' - 'Printer Support File Path' and point everyone to the same place. Keep in mind that by doing this if someone changes the settings to a printer or plotter under 'properties' for that device on the server, it will change if for everyone. There are many items you can 'point' everyone to under this Options-File to keep everyone on the same page. Take a screen shot and save it in a safe place to know what the original settings are before changing anything just in case.

Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

FWIW, one of my (networked) home machines used to take 11.5 minutes to boot up.
    It turned out that it didn't like having 2 USB printers connected. I moved 1 printer to a different machine and no more boot delay.