Thread: Shared Coordinates_Rotated Arch Model

Login to Give a bone

Default Shared Coordinates_Rotated Arch Model

Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to get some direction on the best way to update a central file when a linked Arch file has been rotated and re-located. Both models share the same coordinates and I was able to re-locate our work to the correct level and by using coordination review, align the grids and levels. However, the linked file has rotated slightly and also moved horizontally by a small margin. What would the best practice be to adjust the angle and position.

Much appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shared Coordinates_Rotated Arch Model

As an MEP BIM Technician I was hoping for more discussion on this.....but I found a great explanation from a user by the name of chrisplyler in this thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit...t/td-p/2917820 that seemed to make sense "IN THEORY".... I havn't personally had to deal with this issue YET, but I know that unfortunate day will eventually come. Hoping someone had some insight on the method described below:

Unload the linked-in architectural project file from your MEP project file. Save and close your MEP project file. Open the architectural project file and link your MEP project file into it using the Manual - Center positioning option and place it somewhere near the architectural building. Rotate/move it into the appropriate position to correspond correctly with the architectural building. Share/Publish the coordinates back to your MEP project file. Finally, close the architectural project file without saving so that the changes you've made don't stick.When you send your MEP project file to the Architect, inform him to link it into his model via the Auto - Shared Coordinates positioning option. He should see it pop into the correct rotation/position.Back in your MEP project file, re-load the architectural link. Instead of rotating/moving your model to match it, rotate/move the link to match your model. Now you can keep working in your MEP model without having rotated it and suffered all the consequences, and the Architect gets your MEP model that pops into the right place/orientation when he links it into his model.