Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intellimouse Middle Wheel Button

Login to Give a bone

Question Intellimouse Middle Wheel Button

During a cad session using the Intellimouse Wheel Button to zoom in and out it suddenly drops out and scrolls you up and down the page rather than zooming in or out. Does anyone know what causes this and how it can be rectified?

Running AutoCAD 2002.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Intellimouse Middle Wheel Button

Hi

Have a browse of the following thread (especially take note of any links within) -

Logitech mouse and CAD

+

Have you tried searching the Forums, you will find a lot of additional information on this subject -

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I'm going to open up this discussion another time, (I've seen many people have had similiar problems), but I can't seem to find a solution to mine within the links.

I just got a Microsoft Intellimouse 4.0 and downloaded the latest driver. I can't get the middle button to pan properly in AutoCAD. When I had this problem with an older fancy Logitech mouse, I could change the configs in the mouse driver to read "middle button". Unfortunately, the only options I have with this driver is
    - middle-click
    - autoscroll

Neither one of those work properly. I played around with it for over an hour and finally gave up. Has anyone got this mouse and driver working with AutoCAD. fyi, I am working with AutoCAD 2009 LDT.

Login to Give a bone

If you go into the ACAD options, & turn off the scroll bars, it may work properly.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

Scroll bars have been off. If I set the middle button to either "Autoscroll" or "Middle-Click", the zoom works with scrolling, but the middle button does not.

Yes, mbuttonpan is set for "1".

Login to Give a bone

Try setting the middle button to "middle button". (is that what you mean when you say middle click?)

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, it says "middle-click". I tried setting it to that one, and it didn't do the job. Apparently that's different than "middle button." Unfortunately, the option of middle button is not available with these particular mouse settings.

Login to Give a bone

Oh, I saw where you mentioned that in your previous post. Sorry about that.

Have you checked this out?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, I've already looked at those previously. What it does when I switch it to Autoscroll is hesitate. I have to slowly push the middle button and I kind of get a pan. It's like it's trying to work, but it just doesn't quite get there. It's possible that it could be the mouse, but it's brand new. I'm just hoping someone can tell me that they have the same mouse and has it working properly in 2009.

In the meantime, I put in a macro into the mouse middle button that gets it to pan. But it's lame compared to what mbuttonpan supposed to do. Thanks for those suggestions, but haven't found the fix yet.....

Login to Give a bone

I have just determined that it's the middle button that has the problem. Maybe it's getting confused because that middle button does so many functions. But when I set one of the side buttons to "Autoscroll" or "Middle-Click", the pan works perfect. Of course I can't zoom with the button, but I can pan by holding it down and double click that button to get zoom extents. Then I can let go and use the middle button scroll to zoom in and out. Kind of funky, but it works.

If anyone else has this particular mouse, Microsoft Explorer 4.0, please let me know if you have the middle button functioning correctly or if you had to get around it like I explained above. I would still prefer the middle button to work right, but I'll just be happy with my baby steps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast