Thread: changing mouse buttons

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default changing mouse buttons

I see that under the click settings for the middle mouse button, the macro shows the Snap menu being shown as the default. Why am I not able to get the snap menu to show itself?? I have tried to click while in a command, outside a command, etc. I have a user here that does not want to have to hold down the shift key to get the snap menu.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: changing mouse buttons

Hi

Try the forum search facility -

Key Word(s): MButtonPan

Have a good one, Mike

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

thanks, I saw that on the boards, I just didn't think it made the snap menu appear when you turn it off. Too bad you can't have both. 2006 lets you program the mouse buttons and the default for the 3rd click is Osnap.

Login to Give a bone

That solution wasn't viable for me because I wanted to use middle-button pan and be able to avoid using Shift to get the osnap menu to popup. So here's what I did. I'm entering this in the Tip of the Month contest, so don't even think about stealing it.

It may vary somewhat depending on your type of mouse. If you use one with customizable buttons via the mouse software, this should work fairly well as written.

1. Go into your mouse software and map one of the buttons to the keystroke F12.

2. In Autocad, pull up the Customize User Interface box (right-click on a toolbar, scroll down to customize).

3. In the top-left window, find Keyboard Shortcuts and expand that group to find Shortcut Keys. Pick that.

4. Now in the top-right window it will list all of the accelerator keys within that group. Scroll down thru the list until you see F12 in the Keys column. I can't remember what command it's natively used for, but it's some obscure command IIRC. If you need to keep that command mapped to F12, you'll have to figure out some other uneeded or unused key to use.

5. When you find the entry for F12, pick that entry. Now in the bottom-right pane (Information), you can rename the command (I used Osnap menu), add a description, and change the macro. The macro you will need to paste in is $P0=SNAP $p0=*

6. Hit OK and let Autocad do it's thing.

7. Now when you hit the mouse button that you mapped to F12, the osnap menu will popup.