Thread: Fishbowl Lens

Login to Give a bone

Default Fishbowl Lens

So I have been working on the same model for coordination for the last few months with no problems. I have not messed with any of the settings in any way, shape or form. Just yesterday when I opened the model everything appears like you are looking through a fishbowl and a sectioning plane seems to be "turned on" about a foot in front of the camera. Has anyone else had these problems. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fishbowl Lens

Two things I know of can cause that. One is the avatar being turned on (but invisible or very small as not to be visible). This will change the FOV of the camera. The other thing is the FOV itself. If it gets changed in one view it will stay that way as you navigate. Also, clicking on the view cube and having Fit to view on change selected in the Options dialog box (Application menu>Interface>Viewcube.
    I hope one of these helps!

Login to Give a bone

Additionally, the mysterious sectioning tool is most likely your near clipping plane. In large or complex models, the combination of guaranteed framerate and automatic clipping planes can occasionally cause geometry to be sectioned or vanish in an undesirable way. In 2011, go to home tab on the ribbon and click File Options. Change your near clipping plane from the automatic settings to achieve more desirable camera functionality. Also note that things such as transparency can dramatically increase the demand on your graphics, causing the clipping planes to close in on the camera rapidly.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa.Martin View Post
    Two things I know of can cause that. One is the avatar being turned on (but invisible or very small as not to be visible). This will change the FOV of the camera. The other thing is the FOV itself. If it gets changed in one view it will stay that way as you navigate. Also, clicking on the view cube and having Fit to view on change selected in the Options dialog box (Application menu>Interface>Viewcube.
    I hope one of these helps!
    Thanks Teresa,

I clicked on the Viewcube and chose the home option and it took care of my problem.

Thanks again,

Chris

I could stop if I wanted to Teresa.Martin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Fishbowl Lens

Good! I am glad that fixed it. Sometimes things do seem to happen mysteriously in Navisworks