Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotate an object in a viewport

ACAD Wish List Administration

Default Rotate an object in a viewport

Summary: The ability to rotate an object in one viewport without having it affect any other viewport.

Description: It would be nice to have the ability to rotate the object going through paper space to model space. Right now we can control the layers thru paper space per viewport with out affecting other viewports and the existing model space.

How Used: The way the you would use this is that you may have to rotate a view to show what you are trying to express.

Feature Affinity: Layouts

Submitted By: Brad Crouse on April 11, 2008

Default Re: Rotate an object in a viewport

You can already rotate the view/display in any viewport without affecting any other though you can't rotate an object because that would be a nonsense. What am I missing in your wish?

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    You can already rotate the view/display in any viewport without affecting any other
    What is the command to rotate the view in a viewport? It used to be DVIEW or DYNAMICVIEW. Since LT 2008 I have lost that functionality, and haven't found anyone who knows about it...

Quote Originally Posted by i.feeney View Post
    What is the command to rotate the view in a viewport? It used to be DVIEW or DYNAMICVIEW. Since LT 2008 I have lost that functionality, and haven't found anyone who knows about it...
    I always found DVIEW a bit unwieldy for such a simple task - I use the UCS Z option.

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    I always found DVIEW a bit unwieldy for such a simple task - I use the UCS Z option.
    Edit - followed by the PLAN command > current UCS option.

AUGI Addict

Also 'mvsetup' ->Align -> Rotate view works. Not sure if LT has that though

Certifiable AUGI Addict

If you mean rotate an individual object in one VP only, then the Annotative feature does something like this. But of course then the thing scales as well - which you might not want.

Quote Originally Posted by acadwishlist View Post
    Summary: The ability to rotate an object in one viewport without having it affect any other viewport.

How Used: The way the you would use this is that you may have to rotate a view to show what you are trying to express.
    Object is not the same as a view. You can ''express'' your model via dview command.

Quote Originally Posted by acadwishlist View Post
    [You can already rotate the view/display in any viewport without affecting any other though you can't rotate an object because that would be a nonsense. What am I missing in your wish?
    I say the same.

Certifiable AUGI Addict

I think the wish may just be phrased incorrectly, since rotating the view inside the viewport independently from other viewports is already implemented (just ensure that FOLLOWUCS = 0 inside the ViewPort).

I can think of 2 other things this may refer to:
    • As per the title, rotate an actual object only for the one viewport - but still have it as per default for the other viewports. Something like this does exist as annotative blocks where a block will stay horizontal even if you rotate the view. Although as stated previously it will also scale the block according to the VP's zoom factor. There's no real override for an object to be rotated for only a view. At present the only workaround would be to have a duplicate object on a different layer which is then VPFreezed in other viewports, with the original layer VPFreezed in the special viewport.
    • The other option is that the OP might have wanted to be able to do is: rotate the view by rotating the Viewport Object in Paper Space. This would be nice yes!

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    The other option is that the OP might have wanted to be able to do is: rotate the view by rotating the Viewport Object in Paper Space. This would be nice yes![/LIST]
    That would be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast