Thread: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

Login to Give a bone

Default Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

I'm trying to setup a model review to check through my list of around 50-100 floorplans and make sure the visibility of specific filters is checked/unchecked. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

I'm working in Revit MEP 2011.

Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Use "model review" tool to check view filters before plotting?

Quote Originally Posted by creyc View Post
    I'm trying to setup a model review to check through my list of around 50-100 floorplans and make sure the visibility of specific filters is checked/unchecked. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

I'm working in Revit MEP 2011.

Thanks!
    Can you make a view template with the correct checked/unchecked filters that only stores the filter settings and then apply these to the required views? it could be done manually in the project browser or via programming I would imagine.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately, this is not a check that the Model Review tool can do (out of the box).
    I think Drew's suggestion is the only thing that would work (because the API is a bit weak when it comes to dealing with View Filters).

You could do this either as a standalone addin, or (if you are doing other Model Review checks) you could do it as a Model Review plugin.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drewj View Post
    Can you make a view template with the correct checked/unchecked filters that only stores the filter settings and then apply these to the required views? it could be done manually in the project browser or via programming I would imagine.
    Thanks, I thought about this option however many views have their own specific filters so I'd need almost as many templates as I have views. I was hoping I could directly interface the Visibility checkbox for a specific filter through model review checks, but haven't found anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by mmason.65315
    You could do this either as a standalone addin, or (if you are doing other Model Review checks) you could do it as a Model Review plugin.
    Any tips on where to start digging in to the SDK to find where to find view filter overrides? I've been searching the official 2011 API for a while now but not exactly sure what to look for.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear... View Filter overrides don't exist in the API - even up to 2013. You can do Category and Element level overrides, and worksets in 2013 - but not filters.
    - View.SetVisibility()
    - View.SetWorksetVisibility()
    - View.Hide()

at least that's been my experience...