Thread: Some commands need to be hit twice to work...

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Some commands need to be hit twice to work...

Hi. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or not. When using the Layers drop down tool, I usually have to select the layer twice in order to change the layer. I also have to activiate the OPEN command twice before it actually brings up a dialogue. Wierd...
    We are running on ACAD 2008 SP1.

Marc

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some commands need to be hit twice to work...

Quote Originally Posted by mboyer View Post
    Hi. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or not. When using the Layers drop down tool, I usually have to select the layer twice in order to change the layer. I also have to activiate the OPEN command twice before it actually brings up a dialogue. Wierd...
    We are running on ACAD 2008 SP1.

Marc
    What does your command line show when you do this. Are you attempting to do this via clicking on a toolbar button, typing a command at the command line, or using a drop down menu?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

When using the pulldown, you pick the layer...nothing happens. The pulldown doesn't go away, yet the layer does not change.
    When I'm trying to OPEN, I use Aliases for alot of my commands. When I type in the Alias (13 for OPEN) the command line just appears normal. It shows "13 OPEN" then appears as though I've canceled the command and steps to a fresh command line awaiting normal input. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice.

Login to Give a bone

When using the pulldown, you pick the layer...nothing happens. The pulldown doesn't go away, yet the layer does not change.
    When I'm trying to OPEN, I use Aliases for alot of my commands. When I type in the Alias (13 for OPEN) the command line just appears normal. It shows "13 OPEN" then appears as though I've canceled the command and steps to a fresh command line awaiting normal input. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to notice.
    Interesting... I would have suggested maybe a tricky mouse or something, but since you say this is also happening using the keyboard, I'm kind of at a loss.

I know I've had keyboard issues when a file is trying to do something. Sometimes I get ahead of myself, and I'm trying to close a file while it's still trying to save, and I'll get that behavior. You aren't working too fast are you

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I must be....LOL
    It is wierd..
    I've noticed it w/ the dimension buttons as well. You click, nothing happens. Click again...works fine. No errors, no messages.

Login to Give a bone

I must be....LOL
    It is wierd..
    I've noticed it w/ the dimension buttons as well. You click, nothing happens. Click again...works fine. No errors, no messages.
    It used to be, and I think they fixed it a few versions ago, but it used to be that when you clicked a button, the command was activated on the upward motion of the click, not the downward motion. So, if you were flying along, you click the button and move the mouse away, you might totally miss actually hitting the button. (I hope that made sense). But, as I said, I am pretty sure Autodesk fixed this, I think around 2005 or so.

Hmm.. or maybe they didn't. I just tried to click on a button, move the mouse away before I released the button, and it didn't work.

Again, maybe you're working too fast. Slow down, take a break, and when your boss asks why, blame the software

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have it happen all the time with open, no matter what I use, pull down or command alias, most of the time I use the keyboard