Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plotting Multiple files

Login to Give a bone

Smile Plotting Multiple files

Hello
    I want to plot multiple files in a folder with same page setup with the attached lisp file. The folder may contain 100's of dwg files. Kindly advise and help to upgrade this lisp routine. This lisp is intented to be used to print on a plotter but dwf eplot is used for testing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting Multiple files

Why not just use ._Publish?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

I use Scriptpro (an autodesk migration tool) to do the same thing.

You just need to create a script file to call your lisp.
    Each selected file is then opened and the script run.

I have different scripts for different plotters.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have lisp routines that i have run without having to type anything in- i want them to run every time i start autocad. What if you remove everything above (setq OLDSNAP (getvar "OSMODE") and add it to your startup suite while you are opening all of these drawings so they instantly print? I can't try it because it's very user specific- but it's worth a try.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tyeelaw13 View Post
    I have lisp routines that i have run without having to type anything in- i want them to run every time i start autocad. What if you remove everything above (setq OLDSNAP (getvar "OSMODE") and add it to your startup suite while you are opening all of these drawings so they instantly print? I can't try it because it's very user specific- but it's worth a try.
    I'm assuming your code has something like (defun c:CommandName ....?

If so you can simply add 2 lines to your ACADDOC.LSP file:
    Code:
    (load "LispFile.LSP")
    (c:CommandName)
    And BTW, ScriptPro only works for 32bit. If you want something which works on 64 as well, use AutoScript. It is actually free although the link says "Try it". Nice thing is it runs inside ACad, no need for opening a separate program like with ScripPro.

But all that said, I'd also advise as RK's done: Publish is my tool of choice for plotting, it's a hell of a lot faster than any scripting I can see, and it's much easier to set-up for various printers / page sizes / pen settings / etc. I only use scripting if I want to make changes globally on several drawings.

Login to Give a bone

Thankyou, but my problem is not solved yet i want to print all the files in a folder so may be i can use some sort of vb code to open all the files in a folder and run my lisp (the lsp file automatically closes the acad file after printing).

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Plotting Multiple files

Quote Originally Posted by jitesh789 View Post
    Thankyou, but my problem is not solved yet i want to print all the files in a folder so may be i can use some sort of vb code to open all the files in a folder and run my lisp (the lsp file automatically closes the acad file after printing).
    Sorry, can't answer that question directly, but can you tell us why ._Publish won't work for you?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Why not just use ._Publish?
    Jitesh,

RK's given you the best solution. Publish is the best way of printing each sheet in a project, with the same page setup.

Separately, there's the issue of applying the correct page setup to each sheet. Here you may want to use a script, or just add some code to your AcadDoc.lsp:

For that, look into this:
    Code:
    (vl-load-com)
    (vla-get-plotconfigurations 
         (vla-get-activedocument 
              (vlax-get-acad-object)))
    Last edited by RenderMan; 2010-07-18 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Added (vl-load-com) for clarity
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jitesh789 View Post
    Actually Publish has an Add-Sheet button (2nd from left just below the list). This allows you to browse to other DWG files and add them (you can add more than one at a time by using Ctrl or Shift select). You can even select from multiple folders, not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by mat.kirkland View Post
    Jitesh,

RK's given you the best solution. Publish is the best way of printing each sheet in a project, with the same page setup.

Separately, there's the issue of applying the correct page setup to each sheet. Here you may want to use a script, or just add some code to your AcadDoc.lsp:

For that, look into this:
    Code:
    (vl-load-com)
    (vla-get-plotconfigurations 
         (vla-get-activedocument 
              (vlax-get-acad-object)))
    Actually I find it simpler to set which page size / printer setup to use per sheet in Publish than in a script (unless you can type those vl statements quicker than selecting sheets). All you need do is select the sheets which are to be plotted the same way (again Shift / Ctrl is your friend). Also you can sort the list on any of those columns, so sorting on the Page Setup column would make it easier to select similar sized pages. If you see the drop-down on the 1st selected choose the correct page setup for those sheets. If not, right-click and choose "Change Page Setup".

If you don't have the page setup saved in the drawing, you can use the Import... option at the end of the drop-down and get a page setup from any DWG/DWS/DWT. That's actually what I do: have a DWG with the necessary page setups in a network folder. Then when I want to publish to something other than the preset standard (as the Layout was saved) I import from there.

Just one thing, turn off Background Publish (Options --> Plot and Publish (tab) --> Backgroup processing options group). Doesn't always work nicely with background printing.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Just one thing, turn off Background Publish
    Very good point.
    The only thing I have ever seen background printing/publishing do is increase printing time by ±10X.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast